This video goes over each of the controls and initial setup for the new GPX 6000. It's in English so no translation required. My thanks to Luis for posting this video on the other thread:smile:

Minelab GPX 6000 Data & Reviews

Minelab GPX 6000 Accessories & Spare Parts

6000-gpx-minelab-metal-detector-display-controls-explained.jpg
Minelab GPX 6000 Controls (see chart below for control ranges)

minelab-gpx-6000-metal-detector-specifications-list.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Speaking of controls, how many people can honestly say they have fully mastered all the switch and menu controls of the GPX5000? All the possible permeations of the zillions of menu settings and switc

I don’t know why ML are making Australian dealers go through the rigmarole of all the stupid restricted release teaser BS when information like this video is out there anyway!!! It’s like holding a pe

Posted Images

The folks in Dubai are doing a full release / data dump. If it is publicly posted to the internet then how can Minelab give anyone grief for pointing it out? It can't be happening without approval or at least looking the other way. These people could be canceled over stuff like this, and apparently they are not worried about that at all.

Minelab GPX 6000 Data & Reviews

Minelab GPX 6000 Accessories & Spare Parts

• Like 7

Who knows? Leaks and the internet scavenger hunting it sends people on is a powerful marketing tool in itself. There is an entire speculative industry that has grown up around Apple product releases. All at no cost to the manufacturers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

They haven't covered the DD modes, where those controls are, or when exactly a DD coil is going to be released yet. And why would they release a machine that has modes for coils that aren't even provided in the box? At least I assume they aren't since the videos state the coils are both monos...

Which again begs the question - who makes these coils? And will Minelab promise something to come but then fail to deliver or take years to do it? 

My understanding is dealers have been to a teleconference now here in the USA. We should get some info tomorrow hopefully.

• Like 2

Let's call. They make these google voice translators that can speak.....

I sent an email a few days ago since I honestly have no idea how to dial a number outside the US with my phone, or even if my carrier allows it.

I just asked about price though, and the guy responded back that pricing won't be released until Mid-Feb, which is what someone else here in the US told me too, like 2 weeks ago. So it seems the detector isn't actually released in the Middle East yet for sale much (or any) sooner than here, but they have gotten units sooner for demo maybe?

• Like 1

There are MTR units out there, and I’d say these guys have got their hands on one. That market being ML’s biggest market suggests there is more flexibility in information releases or they have less control due to the nature of the area and where the dealers are located and lastly COVID!!

Either way it SH*#s me to tears, but like Steve said this type of dissemination goes viral really quickly and for near zero costs. 

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      Minelab GPX 4000 Instruction Manual, 1.34 MB pdf file, 89 pages
      Minelab GPX 4000 Data & Reviews
      Minelab Metal Detector Forum

• By schoolofhardNox
      I went back to my silver beach, as I had a fairly good feeling this part of the beach would not change much. It did not and I had a very good day. Spent 7 hours there with the GPX, dug all signals including iron and finally called it quits when my brain said GO HOME! The number of signals in a short span was unreal. I spent some of my time just detecting from my knees, since I could get 4 or 5 signals in very close proximity to the signal I was digging. Most of the time just inches away. Total coin count I believe was 150. 18 silvers, all copper pennies but 1 zinc, so I put that with the trash picture. It ruined my perfect copper penny day and I refuse to put it next to them. 😄 4 Buffalo Nickels showed up, as well as 1 Indian Head Cent, a Standing Liberty Quarter, and a Barber Dime (a rarity on this beach).  Also, a nice little locket which I am unsure if it's solid gold or gold filled.  It has a 14 stamped on the inside with a maker’s symbol that looks like a variation of Neptune’s 3-pronged spear (Trident). I saw no indication of peeling of the gold, so I am cautiously optimistic I found gold. Of course, with the type of hunting I do, there was lots of junk as well. Got my exercise in for the week and plan on hitting it again soon.  Weather was rather nice and sunny, just shy of cold. No matter how old you are, the kid in us still has to play! 🙂

• By schoolofhardNox
      So I'm still trying to milk the same cow 😄 I figured until it stops spitting silver on me, I will continue to ask for it. Long day at the beach 8:30-5:00, but the weather was decent, as I dress well for the cold. I'm getting to be a delicate flower in my advancing years 🤔 I'm using the GPX all day for this hunt and digging select areas and removing all iron so I can hear the deep targets.I hit a patch that started producing exclusively wheat pennies, so I knew that the chance for silver was very possible.  It did produce some silver but the ratio was mostly pennies. Moving over just a bit, the wheats turned into memorials and the clad followed as well. Not a bad day with 8 silvers, but I worked harder than usual for it.The beach is slowly sanding in and the easy stuff is gone. No gold again, but switching the timings on the GPX did start getting me a lot of nickels, including a handful of Buffalo. Jewelry was missing as usual, but the spoons sure weren't lacking 🙄 So here is everything I dug. Lots of junk too. It was great to get out and enjoy the hobby.

• By Dances With Doves
      That  is a lot of money to spend where their are not to many nugget spots .Will it help relic hunters in hot ground over the other PI machines ?

• By Jin
      Thanks to James Beatty for mentioning this Russian site that shows pictures of the 6000"s internal circuit board.
      https://md-arena.com/razborka-minelab-gpx-6000-chto-vnutri-ochen-dorogoj-novinki/?fbclid=IwAR2q9Cll560LUXoC0arxPr8zDALHI-5LLDM0S5zCeLUJYs--_d9KraNCIq0
      I was reading the comments (translated) and noticed that Steve and his comrads are held in high regards in Russia as well.🙂
      Quote: The circuitry of this device and me, too, "amazed to the core"! Made "very good" (really good, no kidding!), BUT why done - absolutely incomprehensible! (SIXTEEN (!) IMPAD / Pirates "In one bottle" !!! IT'S COOL !!!) It will be interesting to know what The "result" of using this technology in real search? I think that Steve Hershbach "and his comrades" will discuss this device and will experience "the full program" - this is their "theme".
    • By Steve Herschbach
      I tripped over this by accident while looking for info. Looks like a simple brochure handout, and what is interesting is the GPX 4500/5000 is missing in action.
      This might be Africa only, as the old GPX models are now so commonly counterfeited there. The best way for Minelab to address counterfeiting is to not let old models exist for too long, and the GPX 5000 is an ancient design at this point in time. I also suspect that there are increasing issues surrounding the shipping of that massive Li-Ion battery. Long story short, I can see why Minelab would want to discontinue the old GPX models
      The U.S. is a bit unique in the number of GPX 5000 used by relic and beach hunters, which might keep it viable here for longer than might be the case elsewhere. The GPX 4500 has long been rumored to be on its last legs, but it continues to be listed for sale. Plus, issues surrounding counterfeit detectors are far less severe here than overseas.
      Still, in the long run it makes sense to discontinue the older GPX models eventually, since the GPX 6000 is a clean break from the earlier designs, with no carryover of coils or other accessory items. This little brochure hints at a probable future without the GPX 4500/5000.