Minelab GPX 6000 Controls & Setup

This video goes over each of the controls and initial setup for the new GPX 6000. It's in English so no translation required. My thanks to Luis for posting this video on the other thread:smile:

Minelab GPX 6000 Data & Reviews

Minelab GPX 6000 Accessories & Spare Parts

6000-gpx-minelab-metal-detector-display-controls-explained.jpg
Minelab GPX 6000 Controls (see chart below for control ranges)

minelab-gpx-6000-metal-detector-specifications-list.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

The folks in Dubai are doing a full release / data dump. If it is publicly posted to the internet then how can Minelab give anyone grief for pointing it out? It can't be happening without approval or at least looking the other way. These people could be canceled over stuff like this, and apparently they are not worried about that at all.

Minelab GPX 6000 Data & Reviews

Minelab GPX 6000 Accessories & Spare Parts

• Like 7

They haven't covered the DD modes, where those controls are, or when exactly a DD coil is going to be released yet. And why would they release a machine that has modes for coils that aren't even provided in the box? At least I assume they aren't since the videos state the coils are both monos...

Which again begs the question - who makes these coils? And will Minelab promise something to come but then fail to deliver or take years to do it? 

My understanding is dealers have been to a teleconference now here in the USA. We should get some info tomorrow hopefully.

• Like 2

I sent an email a few days ago since I honestly have no idea how to dial a number outside the US with my phone, or even if my carrier allows it.

I just asked about price though, and the guy responded back that pricing won't be released until Mid-Feb, which is what someone else here in the US told me too, like 2 weeks ago. So it seems the detector isn't actually released in the Middle East yet for sale much (or any) sooner than here, but they have gotten units sooner for demo maybe?

• Like 1

There are MTR units out there, and I’d say these guys have got their hands on one. That market being ML’s biggest market suggests there is more flexibility in information releases or they have less control due to the nature of the area and where the dealers are located and lastly COVID!!

Either way it SH*#s me to tears, but like Steve said this type of dissemination goes viral really quickly and for near zero costs. 

• Like 4