Minelab GPX 6000 Controls & Setup

1 hour ago, AussieMatt said:

They've come up with a pretty good compromise really. IMO they could have given it a new prefix e.g. GSX (Geo-Sense extra) to separate it from what looks to be now a completely different way forward from the SD/GP/GPX format.

Absolutely agree.  This is not backward compatible with the SD/GP/GPX coils and other accessories so giving it the GPX prefix I think is going to confuse people down the line.  Especially if they try to buy additional "GPX Compatible" coils off third parties.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vanursepaul said:

I may have my friend in Dubai snag one for me and ship it over 🤠

I don't think even the Dubai guys who are spilling their guts are selling any before the "go" sign from ML in February so you might be better off just waiting for the the local dealers.

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

I don't think even the Dubai guys who are spilling their guts are selling any before the "go" sign from ML in February so you might be better off just waiting for the the local dealers.

Idk money can move mountains and probably a detector too 🤣

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

Idk money can move mountains and probably a detector too 🤣

Despite all the technical information they are spilling, they are still saying right on their videos that no price has been revealed and won't be revealed until mid-Feb, so I think they are sending a pretty strong message that here's some great info but don't plan on buying it for another month.

But I suppose everyone has their price...  Definitely, not a detector that I feel I need to have shipped over today.  I can wait until it rolls out per ML's plan and we hear some trustworthy reports on actual performance.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, phrunt said:

I like the Gpx 6000 a lot, ease of use is a great thing in my mind.  

ML should not prevent Aussie dealers from putting up information, as the information is what sells the damn thing. They have never been known to make sense with their decisions though like their decision to make the ProFind pinpointer, worst decision I made was to buy that piece of junk. 

I was under the belief that minelab was an Aust company and there for if they were going to favour and country it would be Australia (Shaking my head Minelab) As I don't scrappage old site of other prospector there is no need for me to have the last edge detector to hit their spots first as my spots are not known by people I don't trust. I have found the second generation of a new model is the best once the have outed the bug that they did not know off until the get feed back from their customers.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Despite all the technical information they are spilling, they are still saying right on their videos that no price has been revealed and won't be revealed until mid-Feb, so I think they are sending a pretty strong message that here's some great info but don't plan on buying it for another month.

But I suppose everyone has their price...  Definitely, not a detector that I feel I need to have shipped over today.  I can wait until it rolls out per ML's plan and we hear some trustworthy reports on actual performance.

C'mon mate!!!

Where's your pre_early adopter attitude !!!

Damn the torpedoes!!!---

Full speed ahead !!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Lunk said:

As we all know, appearances can be deceiving. Looking at it from a logical progression point of view, the GPX range had made many functions that were preset and hidden in the GP series, e.g., the motion and audio filters, stabilizer and tracking speed, etc., fully user adjustable beginning with the GPX 4000. So the next logical progression of this for the more automatic and user-friendly platform of the GPX 6000 would be to have the detector automatically and continuously adjusting these parameters according to the ground conditions, the coil sweep speed and other variables. Perhaps this is in part what the Geo Sense tech is all about.

logical progression point of view, ???????---🤠

21 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

logical progression point of view, ???????---🤠

Crikey Paul, which word is giving you trouble here?

Logical = makes sense in the reader's brain. Progression = the order of things.

🤣Just messing with you, mate.🤣

Perhaps I was being presumptuous by assuming that ML are logical.🤔

• Like 1