Minelab GPX 6000 Controls & Setup

On 1/18/2021 at 9:36 AM, AussieMatt said:

IMO they could have given it a new prefix e.g. GSX (Geo-Sense extra) to separate it from what looks to be now a completely different way forward from the SD/GP/GPX format.

I would say GEO Sense-PI says it all. It’s a PI machine? Logic would then suggest the 6000 is a continuation on from MPS, based on the GPX moniker.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

I would say GEO Sense-PI says it all. It’s a PI machine? Logic would then suggest the 6000 is a continuation on from MPS, based on the GPX moniker.

Yeah no qualms there at all with the PI format/similarities. Was more thinking format by way of the new look, user interface etc. - & thinking out aloud. Was just a thought.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AussieMatt said:

Yeah no qualms there at all with the PI format/similarities. Was more thinking format by way of the new look, user interface etc. - & thinking out aloud. Was just a thought.

Guessing is half the fun, and seeing a totally new look is exciting.

• Like 3

I read that the GPX 6000 has the ability to detect 0.01 grams of gold ... so Geosense can work really well ..., We'll see how the tests confirm it .. Another thing that may be interesting is whether the GPX 6000 software is updatable .., this could explain its automatic ability to adapt to detection conditions.

There’s some good ideas/concepts in these threads, I hope ML are actually reading some of this highly speculative stuff, some could have merit. 😀 

4 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

I read that the GPX 6000 has the ability to detect 0.01 grams of gold

EL NINIO77, can you please post a link to this information? Enquiring minds want to know! 🙂

Lunk....I read this information on the Czech forum .. which, when considering the difference between GPX 5000 and GPX 6000 .. How accurate and specific this information is, I can't confirm it ..., I think we'll see it in the near future ..

I can be critical of Minelab sometime, and I will continue to be ../ additional coils / .... but mostly when Minelab comes out with a new detector technology..that's a step forward ..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Seems very logical that seeing this current video, it now suggests that almost ALL selective functionality we've come to expect and enjoy from using the previous GPX series is now automatically selected via a logic processor instead. Tracking speed, pulse-train timings, sweep speed (retune) and search mode  are now all NOT user selective. This is obviously in response to customer demand from the Middle East/Africa to make a PI that is less 'confusable' to lesser experienced operators. Whether this will supply western detectorists with the required improved performance is yet to be seen. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Aureous said:

Seems very logical that seeing this current video, it now suggests that almost ALL selective functionality we've come to expect and enjoy from using the previous GPX series is now automatically selected via a logic processor instead. Tracking speed, pulse-train timings, sweep speed (retune), search mode and gain are now all NOT user selective. This is obviously in response to customer demand from the Middle East/Africa to make a PI that is less 'confusable' to lesser experienced operators. Whether this will supply western detectorists with the required improved performance is yet to be seen. 

Maybe it will be better that way, but I'm skeptical of giving up control options. Looking forward to seeing what it can do and can't do. It's always confusing when a new machine comes out. It takes a while for the euphoria to wear off, or for the negative comments to subside. Only then do we get the truth of what a machine can do. 

• Like 2