Finally Got Out Again With The AQ

Great hunt and nice selection of trash. I think you covered every type of trash out there.

What year is the Buffalo if it is readable?

Good luck on your next outing.

Good idea , but over time.....you might need a truck ! 

Ya knowwww It's so hard to tell one beach's trash from the next one. 

Maybe just keep it all in one bag and label it just before bringing it in ! LOL

• Like 2

Looks like what I am getting now out of my nearest local beach ... and I hear you about the smell of the clay and silt bottom stuff.

Thanks for the scoop report. I'll keep that in mind when I look for another back up.

• Like 1

Nice buffalo. Looks like you ran out of bobby pins, great job on the cleanup! đŸ™‚

On 1/18/2021 at 10:33 AM, rvpopeye said:

Good idea , but over time.....you might need a truck ! 

Ya knowwww It's so hard to tell one beach's trash from the next one. 

Maybe just keep it all in one bag and label it just before bringing it in ! LOL

It would have to be a big bag đŸ˜„

On 1/18/2021 at 11:09 AM, tvr said:

Looks like what I am getting now out of my nearest local beach ... and I hear you about the smell of the clay and silt bottom stuff.

Thanks for the scoop report. I'll keep that in mind when I look for another back up.

Yep, My wife let's me know every time I bring home stuff from that beach. đŸ¥± I wanted to try their titanium version but the cost was more than I wanted to spend. Plus the fact that I know titanium is very strong, but I could not stop thinking that the abrasion from beach sand would wear the tip away quicker than 316 stainless steel version.

On 1/18/2021 at 11:48 AM, kac said:

Nice buffalo. Looks like you ran out of bobby pins, great job on the cleanup! đŸ™‚

I know. What's up with that? đŸ˜„ Usually I get a lot of them but so far not too many on this beach.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

It would have to be a big bag đŸ˜„

Yep, My wife let's me know every time I bring home stuff from that beach. đŸ¥± I wanted to try their titanium version but the cost was more than I wanted to spend. Plus the fact that I know titanium is very strong, but I could not stop thinking that the abrasion from beach sand would wear the tip away quicker than 316 stainless steel version.

I know. What's up with that? đŸ˜„ Usually I get a lot of them but so far not too many on this beach.

You made a great choice on your scoop. Probably even wiser on the 1 you didn't buy. My guess is you saw my post on the other forum where I talked extensively on it with pics. I'm kinda surprised you were out there for 5 hours. Usually I have a good idea of what's going on in about 20 minutes. Unless your are just wanting exercise and exploring. But sometimes the low tides are a vast wasteland. Better luck next time , you will do much better.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, King-Of-Bling said:

You made a great choice on your scoop. Probably even wiser on the 1 you didn't buy. My guess is you saw my post on the other forum where I talked extensively on it with pics. I'm kinda surprised you were out there for 5 hours. Usually I have a good idea of what's going on in about 20 minutes. Unless your are just wanting exercise and exploring. But sometimes the low tides are a vast wasteland. Better luck next time , you will do much better.

I just couldn't bite on the fact that titanium will hold up to the demands of a beach. Plus I could almost buy 2 of the stainless steel ones for the price of the titanium.  I usually stay at a beach for the entire hunt. It takes me 1 1/2 - 2 hours travel one way to get to a beach, so I rarely travel the extra 1/2 hour + between beaches. 5 Hours is a short hunt for me, and I arrived late only because the tides were unaligned with the gate opening at this beach. I'm good for 8-10 hours at a timeđŸ˜„ My detecting has always been done for the exercise, and for the thrill of the hunt. I just love detecting, and now as I get older it's a game to see how long I can keep at it. Will I make 60 years??? I don't know, but I'm dying to find out. I don't think I saw your review, as I'm not on any other major forums anymore. I'm only on one small local Facebook forum and this one. It is a great scoop and it will allow me to expand to some deeper waters now.