Deep Turf Silver

Was out to the local park on the football field. It just rained a couple days back, so the ground was moist. Usually these conditions mean that deep wheat pennies or silver is easier to get to. Today I hit a 33 in Park 1, recovery 4, 50 tone, and all metal. I thought there was a possibility of a silver quarter, but to my surprise there was a silver ring instead. Looks like it may be from the 1940s. It was resting on top of a clay layer under the sandy surface. I think there were 3 wheat pennies, but they are very crusted with sand.

IMG_20210117_212619.jpg

IMG_20210117_193440.jpg

IMG_20210117_170649.jpg

IMG_20210117_170614.jpg

IMG_20210117_170544.jpg

Screenshot_20210117-220827.jpg

• Like 7

So you got it up for sale on Ebay already?  :biggrin:  Nice find.

Sure looks like the same hallmark.  I'm impressed you were able to match it.  I didn't notice in your post how deep it was.  How does the 15 inch coil leave you (arm, back,...) feeling after a decent day's hunt?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

So you got it up for sale on Ebay already?  :biggrin:  Nice find.

Sure looks like the same hallmark.  I'm impressed you were able to match it.  I didn't notice in your post how deep it was.  How does the 15 inch coil leave you (arm, back,...) feeling after a decent day's hunt?

It was about 2 inches beyond the depth of the Carrot. As for the 15" coil, I tend to only have about 2 hours to detect at a time, sometimes 3. Due to the nature of my hunting style, my legs get far more fatigued than my arm/shoulder/back in that window of time.

• Like 1