Equinox 800 & Anfibio Multi

On 1/27/2021 at 8:22 PM, Jeff McClendon said:

Have you actually been able to hold and swing both the Equinox, the Anfibio and the Impact? You might learn a lot from that experience and from working a bit with the controls. I am an older person and the Anfibio felt really heavy to me. The Equinox is not the best ergonomically either but there are many ways to make it lighter including aftermarket carbon fiber shafts which make the Equinox much more comfortable.

As Kac has mentioned, have you looked at the Nokta Makro Multi Kruzer? It is a bit less expensive than the Anfibio and is based on the excellent Makro Racer and Racer 2 whereas the Anfibio is based on the Impact from what I understand. Both have been waterproofed and have full wireless operation as opposed to their predecessors.

Also, from what you have mentioned as your likely hunting areas, I don't know why you would absolutely need the Equinox 800. An Equinox 600 with a set of aftermarket Bluetooth low latency ATPX earbuds or headphones might suit you just as well. 

To be honest I haven't!! Actually I haven't even got the chance to see the machines in person!! This whole  Corona virus "chapter" Has kept me in lock down mode for a long time and the stores selling  these detectors are in another city ,near by...but still out of reach!! So at the moment all I am doing is reading , research and watching videos 🤷‍♂️

As for my hunting areas , I concluded it would  Be something working for greater depths(for larger objects)  as well... That's why I thought of impact and anfibio multi, with anfibio multi might be winning because it is waterproof and cheaper !! (I still don't now why the impact is more expensive around here?!?!?!) 

Ps. I never thought of the kruzer 🙄

My friend, literally  I am changing my mind every day 🤣 I think when I get to test the detectors I ll make my choice!! 🤪