Oh My Gosh... He Just Dug A 1 Of A Kind And Paid For His Gpz-7000

What a great find.  It reminded me of The Hobbit.  I'd name it Travis's Precious.

image.jpeg.52f4dd8d5a608b31bbe56d73949fd50a.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The texture and triangle patterns on that piece are great. I've seen some ribbon gold from NNV but it's been mostly smooth.

Museum quality piece, nice find!

• Like 4

Glenn in CO - Your find is an amazing incredible piece as well.  Yes this one is thicker and longer than any I have seen.  Thanks for sharing your pic.

Phrunt - I've been a dealer of Minelab for 20+ yrs and giving 3 days Field Training classes on gold detectors with some of the best of the best on my Staff.  Our goal is to make sure the customers have the best knowledge of their detector as possible, hence the 3 days which gives time for the brain to actually remember a few things (repetition).  We also enjoy going in the field and using our detectors and love chasing Big Gold.  Finding dinks is fun and I have won many bets of who can find the most pieces.  But I would rather hunt days for nothing, just for the chance to find a Lunker.  Your collection is amazing for the short career you have had and nothing to spoof about.  After all, not all areas produce big gold.

Matt- Your find is the biggest I've seen other than this one...and it is a real treat to see.  Loved your story with it as well.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2021 at 8:09 PM, oneguy said:

Has anybody given up the weight on that puppy yet...?????

1.3 ozt

20201028_180236.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2021 at 1:07 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

This stuff is not uncommon in Northern Nevada. I have a few, just not nearly that large. Though one is so folded that if I unfolded it it would triple in apparent size. Not a doubt in my mind it's naturally occurring gold, which has far more range in appearance than most people realize. In this case what we are looking at is commonly referred to as ribbon gold.

https://thegoldmuseum.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=3

https://www.pinterest.com/goldnuggetsales/rare-gold-nuggets-specimens/

Google Images

Thank you Steve for sharing the information. Very interesting 👍 

• Like 1

I will call it the "Heavenly Beer Can", because every good Christian knows that when you pass through the Pearly Gates, they hand you a golden can of beer that refills itself!

I have it on good authority😇 that the person that threw that one away, got sent right to Hell for "shot gunning" the heavenly beer, then littering!🤣👍👍

• Haha 3

Some great comments everyone and thanks for sharing your ideas.  Celeste Sandbank is the winner of the "Name that nugget" and she named it "Lady in the Golden Robe".  She wins a Minelab ProFind-35 Pointer.

That was the name Travis thinks matches his find most and I like it.

20201028_180236.jpg

• Like 9