Oh My Gosh... He Just Dug A 1 Of A Kind And Paid For His Gpz-7000

8 hours ago, IdahoPeg said:

Folds of Bliss? 

I like.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

That’s wild, almost looks more like a twisted up aluminum can than a nugget. I have no name, but congrats to the finder, and thanks for sharing Gerry! 👍🏼

It reminded me of those ancient gold bracelets they plow up in the fields of England.  My brother Travis was the lucky finder.  Well earned for him as I usually take the cake.

7 hours ago, Mike_Hillis said:

Very nice.

It has the pre-fabricated look to it, as if it was hand fashion into some banded item and then lost and the elements has their way with it.   Could be a historical find.  

HH
Mike

At 1st glance that is what I thought too, but realized there is no way a manmade object could get below the caliche line he broke through earlier in the dig.  After he watered it down and got closer look, I could tell it is all natural.

I've seen some crazy stuff come out of fields in England, but those are ploughed fields of 2000 yrs old.

6 hours ago, Joe D. said:

If that is a natural, never before seen shape, collector's will pay a premium, i'm sure!!💰👍👍

He has already had offers in the $10K+ range, but I would expect him to hold out for 2X or 3X that.  Was informed by a buyer/seller of higher end gold pieces to do Auction with a Reserve.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

That is an amazing piece of gold, I’ve seen similar looking stuff here in Australia from Georgetown up in North Queensland, but nothing as impressive as that, not by a long shot!!! One of a kind for sure and fantastic we got to share the experience thanks to having the camera rolling. I was amazed how bright and clean it came up just with a bit of water splashed around. 

JP

Thanks for the comments/wisdom JP as we don't find the kind of gold your folks are used to seeing over there.  Yes the color just came to life with a little water and the pics at the end were after a little soaking to get some of the caliche off.  So dark and rich.

My bad for not having my GoPro with me, so all we had was his cell phone and of course I had it turned the wrong way.  But it was caught and that is what counts.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

He has already had offers in the $10K+ range, but I would expect him to hold out for 2X or 3X that.  Was informed by a buyer/seller of higher end gold pieces to do Auction with a Reserve.  

So, so, so very lucky the pick missed it with the wild digging going on! That would be a real sit down and cry moment. Just a reminder to people that when digging, there might be something down there worth serious change.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

That beauty is even more unfreakinbelievable in person; thanks Travis for letting me hold that bad boy, and congrats again...you earned that puppy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has anybody given up the weight on that puppy yet...?????

• Like 1

"Ribbon of Joy" would be my name for it as it is a beautiful piece.

Once in a lifetime find I am sure, and I know that I really want to learn from someone on how to find such a item.

• Like 4