Any Ideas On What To Sell Stuff Like This For?

I have 3 batches like this. I just listed one on CL for 175.00. Almost all iron items with some brass, ceramic etc. Priced too low? Too high? Going to be getting rid of all my old finds soon. Any ideas, opinions are good to hear. Thanks.

Iron.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DB1000 said:

Going to be getting rid of all my old finds soon. Any ideas,

There are some museums that may go even higher than you think for artifacts in good condition. They may even give you a great tax write-off if you work with them.

Try some of those before posting on CL.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

There are some museums that may go even higher than you think for artifacts in good condition. They may even give you a great tax write-off if you work with them.

Try some of those before posting on CL.

Had no idea. Will do, Thanks!

8 hours ago, dogodog said:

But maybe you could arrange some of the finds on a nice old barn board and sell it as a decoration/display.

At some of the "Antique Stores" around here what you are showing goes for almost $90.00 each with some others much higher.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

I wonder if any antique shops would like one of those made with bottle caps and pull tabs ??

Only if they were over 50-72 years old, and yes I have seen a couple of them for sale.

• Haha 2

On 1/20/2021 at 9:35 PM, dogodog said:

I'm thinking your a lot high. I mean no disrespect by that but, Most people who would buy that stuff would probably be using it for craft items. Which leads me to this thought. I'm not sure if you have any woodworking skills, But maybe you could arrange some of the finds on a nice old barn board and sell it as a decoration/display. In the past I have made coffee tables and framed story boxes. This requires a little more skill to do but you can get much more money for those junk finds. Some ideas attached. Good Luck

IMG_1726.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

One f my mate is buying frames on boot sale(Garage sales in the US),remove the crap pictures and use the frame to dispaly finds and sell them on ebay or on the sale boot sales...........

RR

• Like 4

On 1/18/2021 at 6:35 PM, DB1000 said:

I have 3 batches like this. I just listed one on CL for 225.00. Almost all iron items with some brass, ceramic etc. Priced too low? Too high? Going to be getting rid of all my old finds soon. Any ideas, opinions are good to hear. Thanks.

Iron.jpg

The Axe heads could have been restored and flogged on ebay.......with a bit of history

RR

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

One f my mate is buying frames on boot sale(Garage sales in the US),remove the crap pictures and use the frame to dispaly finds and sell them on ebay or on the sale boot sales...........

RR

Thanks, I used to teach wood shop but after becoming disabled I sold my own complete wood shop. Just trying to sell them as is but I also thought of the craft path but that is not happening. Thanks.