The Hunt For The British..1694 Coin Found..

Guest calabash digger

Guest calabash digger

We went looking for British Rev War artifacts...The pic on the tail gate is all of our finds together...My buddy dug the 1694 British Farthing. I got the Colonial bling and tudor button. I also scored the seal...

IMG_3727.JPG

IMG_3721.JPG

KIMG0724.JPG

63262255275__38D87FC7-AA02-44F2-A689-CFAE8BC54615.JPG

IMG_2918.jpg

IMG_3726.JPG

Nice haul. Surprised those finds weren't trashed with all those ruts left by what ever vehicles there. Dig out your 11" coil and see if there is any deep stuff yet?

Great hunt indeed, congrats to you and your friend on such finds.

Good luck on your next hunt.

Guest calabash digger

Thanks everyone... No 11 inch coil there ruts would kill you trying to swing it. Remember the Deus 9 inch coil is pretty dog gone deep..will hit a 10 inch silver  dime in my soil...

Looks like they are logging in the area. If so you should pound that place if you can. Parks dept descided to drop some spruce trees in town forest here to thin it in case of forest fires. They trashed the place and almost impossible to hunt as they left all the brush and branches behind. The one that ordred the work got sued by the epa and no longer works for the city but the damage has been done.

Nice coin. Charles II from 1670s. The edge should read Carolvs a Carolo (Charles twice). These were made from a particular copper, from memory mined from Welsh copper mines - and they normally go a distinctive pink colour (some of which you have on the edges of yours). Minted somewhere from 1672 to 1679.  

DSCF5747.JPG

• Like 1