If Minelab Is Listening To This Forum...

And jf Minelab is listening - how about sticking an Equinox chip in both of the Gold Monster coils so that we can genuinely use the Gold Mode of the Nox in bush environments without sticks getting stuck in the current 11" coil spokes? 

I would have also used an Equinox version of the GM 10"X6" closed coil at the beach on the dry sand.  

Happy to field test them for you  😁

• Like 3

• The title was changed to If Minelab Is Listening To This Forum...
2 hours ago, Northeast said:

And jf Minelab is listening - how about sticking an Equinox chip in both of the Gold Monster coils so that we can genuinely use the Gold Mode of the Nox in bush environments without sticks getting stuck in the current 11" coil spokes? 

I would have also used an Equinox version of the GM 10"X6" closed coil at the beach on the dry sand.  

Happy to field test them for you  😁

Just get a piece of plastic and glue it to the bottom of your spoked coil with some Shoe-Goo or zip-ties? Or maybe just use some duct tape on the bottom of your coil...????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oneguy said:

Just get a piece of plastic and glue it to the bottom of your spoked coil with some Shoe-Goo or zip-ties?

Have thought about it.  Stuff still gets in the top though.  And I would only glue something to the coil cover so then I’ve got the thickness of the coil cover and the glued on plastic - and every millimetre counts with tiny gold. 

As with lots of discussions recently about coils for Minelabs it would just be nice to have options.  This one (GM coils chipped for the Nox) just seems like a really easy solution on Minelabs part.  They already have all the parts, moulds, production in place.  Of course, it may not be as easy as my non technical brain thinks it might be. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

How about offering the Nox 800 with the 11'' coil plus the 6'' coil for $999 plus with a  pin pointer  as a winter special in the USA.With all the     money the  government  is given out it would be a good time to do it.

Totally agree..    Would be on the top of my list for sure.

• Like 2

If Minelab made an ellipse 5x9.5 "..and .. 9" round  coil for Equinox 600/800 .. then I will believe that I hear the opinions of many Users on this Forum..

• Like 1