My Friend Jonathan Porter

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

A lot of it seems to be tall poppy syndrome.

Yep.  Saw a lot of it in the fishing industry.  Men acting like school kids.  

I think there are quite a few people here who would like to hear more from JP

Yep, absolutely.  

I’ve learned a lot from him.

Yep.  

If you want to share information and have fun, stay.

Will do, thanks for the invite  😉

I really enjoy the P.A. Forum here in Australia but the technical information that JP, Gerry, Chris Ralph (when he gets the chance), Rob, Jasong and Steve H bring to DP is second to none.   

Thanks Steve for what is mostly a thankless task.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well said, Steve. IMO, JP is a true treasure-trove of detector knowledge, prospecting know-how and all things Minelab. I truly miss the wealth of knowledge he shared about the ML gold detectors through his instructional DVDs, and consider it an honor and a privilege to be able to have access to his posts on this forum. I agree with and support your decision, Steve.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Lunk said:

Well said, Steve. IMO, JP is a true treasure-trove of detector knowledge, prospecting know-how and all things Minelab. I truly miss the wealth of knowledge he shared about the ML gold detectors through his instructional DVDs, and consider it an honor and a privilege to be able to have access to his posts on this forum. I agree with and support your decision, Steve.

Your no slouch yourself.  I always manage to pick up some tidbits from You, Gerry, Jason, and others here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't think of anyone else on this forum who has a more in depth knowledge about gold detecting and ML machines than JP. His posts have been an inspiration for me for years and I have learned a great deal from him in both public and private messages. He is not only brilliant in what he does, he also has the kindness to share his passion and knowledge. We all should be grateful for that! Thanks Steve for taking this stand. It will make this forum a better place and I look forward to exciting new reports and threads about what we love the most!

GC

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1