What's D2 Mode Or, Settings?

Those are some great buttons.

I have never run a F75 but I know it's reputation. I have kept information on Flagship class detectors for General knowledge to adapt to my situation, F75, Deus, Impact on others. The Physics are the same and I'm able to draw on the knowledge & experience of much more advanced detectorists.

The purpose in lowering the Tone Break to 06 is to hunt in heavy nail areas for the mid conductors that are heavily masked by the iron beside and above them. The Iron pulls their conductance down. In my ground a normal size rusty cut nail comes in around 03-04. That is if it's not bent or have an extra rusty head. There a ways to interrogate the target and know it is isolated iron or something in addition. You will dig some nails for sure but that gets them out of the way and breaks up their halo. You will also find good targets that have been missed. Maybe a high conductor but more likely a mid conductor like your buttons or lead. It is really a specialty setting for specific site areas. The potential has to be there to justify this type of slow sweep, dig the odd ball sounding targets approach. Don't try to run too much gain. You aren't going to get past 3-4 inches anyway when it's wall to wall nails. 3DI at 89 Gain or lower with the same Tone Break of 06 is good also I just prefer 2DI or Beach.

Dogodog your button does have a Fraternal look to it.   Move your nails closer to the coin, then put one on top of the coin. How does that report? Now put the coin 1-2-3 inches directly under a nail. What will a little offset change? How about a Nickle 5 cent piece or cuff button? I try to simulate what I think might be in the ground on the site.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dogodog said:

Georgia, ever seen a button like this?? I been looking for an answer for almost a year.

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

Well the button gives some hints. I believe the center structure could be a pagoda:

The tahōtō is a type of wooden pagoda unique for having an even number of stories (two), the first square with a rounded core, the second circular. This style of was created surrounding the cylindrical base of a hōtō (see above) with a square, roofed corridor called mokoshi.[note 5][5] The core of the pagoda has just one storey with its ceiling below the circular second storey, which is inaccessible. Like the tasōtō and the rōmon, in spite of its appearance it therefore offers usable space only at the ground floor.[5]

Because its kind does not exist either in Korea or in China, it is believed to have been invented in Japan during the Heian period (794 - 1185). The tahōtō was important enough to be considered one of the seven indispensable buildings (the so-called shichidō garan) of a Shingon temple.[15]Kūkai himself is responsible for the construction of the tahōto at Mount Kōya's Kongōbu-jihttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_pagoda

Or its a Lighthouse helping  the merchant ships  navigate thru the night (stars). The cat tails may mean warning of shallow waters. Those other items could be rocks. There is what appears  to be a snake or sea serpent. It seems to tell a story

What's the back of the button look like?

2164fcf639f0b734209633c8aae31636.jpg&f=1

• Like 5

If your hunting in 2d as I do quite a bit I often toggle to Gen Mode to check target size and determine if there is more than one object in a space and hear any halos as threshold will rise around the object.

Another cool feature on these machines is the notch audio under the iron audio. Example is on beach mode I replaced the 0-15 disc with 0-15 notch using n1 or n2 just loud enough I can hear iron but not to smother targets. Audio seems bit smoother in transition for me and less sparky. I posted a 4 tone notch for hunting trash sites that seems to work really well so far in camp sites.

Thanks on the D2 info JCR

• Like 1

Did forget to mention that the D2 setting you may have to tweak between frequencies even when you use normalized id's as the combo of iron, coal or magnetite and target below will change the numbers.

I made a chart here:

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2021 at 3:02 PM, The Georgiadigger said:

I agree, that's why I'm here! That and feel like crap today or, I'd be out swinging somewhere! My next time out, which will probably be Thursday. I've got a spot in mind I want to lower Tone Break and play with settings? Do you still use your F-75? I still use mine from time to time. Still a hot machine!!

On 1/19/2021 at 4:08 PM, dogodog said:

JCR, I just did a quick experiment with the Tone break on my Multi Kruzer, WOW what a game changer!!! I dropped the tone break to 4 and it completely eliminated the nails and gave a great tone on good targets. This is going to open a bunch of old sites to new possibilities. That being said, The TID numbers are skewed and dropped about 25 points but the tone is still recognizable. My test was with 4 heavily rusted 18th century nails in a 12 inch square with a colonial copper and a Merc dime in the center, Running the Nel superfly  coil. It hit each target solid at 8 inches and the nails were gone. I wish I would have known this sooner. THANKS for posting this little trick, It will really make a difference.

Did you guys have any success experimenting with adjusting the first tone break or using Beach mode on your Iron sites?

Sorry for the late response folks, But my DP feed seems a little wonky at times. 

Georgia and Sven there is no visible back mark. I've sent photos of this to every major organization on the planet. Even one's based in the UK, All say not made by us. 

JCR, I really have no real dirt tests as the ground here was frozen solid. If it works as the good as the air tests, I will be super happy. I'll let you know how it pans out. The weather is just starting to break and I might get a chance to hit the ground this weekend.

Sorry again

• Thanks 1