How Much Gold Did You Find With Your Metal Detector Last Year?

mn90403

This is primarily a gold detecting forum.  Most subjects and topics on Steve's forum are about gold and metal detectors that find it.  

How well is everyone doing with the finding part? (I know some don't want a fellow prospector to know.)  Did you have a 'good' year or a 'bad' year?

Please let your fellow nugget hunters here know your total weight and number of nuggets found.  (I want to motivate myself by knowing what is 'possible' and not being satisfied with what I have found.)

Last year I found about 1 oz from 7 nuggets.  (I don't have to prove this!) This was better than the year before.

This is my first year with the SDC and I've only got 40-60 hours on the model down here in Yuma by the Sea, although 3 different physical units have been used to date. Since starting it's use I've managed to find a whopping 3.06 grams located in roughly a dozen pieces. If I count the calories burned, quality time with Dad and new friends made, it is priceless. Getting more knowledge every trip about the unit as well as areas hunted. Great stuff! Merry Christmas and I am not gonna let the skunk today ruin it.

It is a slow day so I will give you some mental exercise.

My average nugget size is about 0.3 grams.  Those nuggets total value is about $250.  

You should now be able to calculate roughly my total nugget count and weight. 

(boulder dash, my amount is truly humble--you are the man)

My return on investment is about 1 to 80.

But hey, I am having fun detecting and meeting others doing the same.  The big one is waiting out there somewhere. 

Merry Christmas to all.

Thanks for the report Fred.  It helps to know what is out there.

Azavsfan ... they say it gets easier ... that is what they say.

Gambler ... that is all I found my first year with the exception of lead.  You might be like me.  You didn't go with someone to their patch.  Ask to go with someone.

Tortuga ... you are right.  I still have an after Christmas trip planned.  I was supposed to be out there now but plans get changed.

LipCA ... was that a good year for ya?  (average, better, worse?)

boulder dash ... you are a pounder plus kind of guy.  Too many nuggets to keep track of.

hawkeye ... keep having fun.  I am.

I've found more gold on the beach than in the deserts and thousands of coins.  I just want more from the fields this coming year.

There are many other pounders here ... what say you?

• Like 1

I managed to get out 3 times with my Minelab SDC 2300 in the CA motherlode and once to northern Nevada.  I found 4 small nuggets totaling about .5 grams.  My hope is to get out a lot more next year to some new places and increase my finds.   :)