Calm Before The Storm?

Cal_Cobra

As oddles of Equinox warranty's are expiring, it's been relatively quite on the Equinox forums.

On the Dankowski forum there was a call from Mr. Dankowski himself requesting feedback for features to be implemented by Minelab on the next Equinox iteration.  He and Steve H. appear to be two of the main beta testers in the U.S.

Do we expect to see the next incarnation of the Equinox revealed at Detectival 2021 (if Covid doesn't shut it down a second year)? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cal_Cobra said:

As oddles of Equinox warranty's are expiring, it's been relatively quite on the Equinox forums.

On the Dankowski forum there was a call from Mr. Dankowski himself requesting feedback for features to be implemented by Minelab on the next Equinox iteration.  He and Steve H. appear to be two of the main beta testers in the U.S.

Do we expect to see the next incarnation of the Equinox revealed at Detectival 2021 (if Covid doesn't shut it down a second year)? 

I personally hope so.The Equinox is already a super nice machine and improving it makes it even better.If they could improve it on the waterproof department,it would be greate.

• Like 2

Calm before the storm, could be CalCobra. And PP, that would be great but Minelab should know the issue of coil ear breakage and water intrusion make me wonder about their build reputation. 

One unknown not yet coming up is battery replacement. Minelab battery management is remarkable so far but if I plan to keep my 800, sooner or later it will have to be addressed. I know a few have figured it out but want to hear the Minelab solution.

Once a new model is released, I might try the new one if it looks to be better in those areas.

I'm looking forward to the flagship Multi-IQ machine. I've sold off my CTX, Etrac and have the Nox on hand along with an Explorer 2. I had 3 Nox's replaced within the first 2 1/2 years. and I hope Minelab has learned a few things from all the issues with the Nox. I'll be in line for the next offering from Minelab

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dan(NM) said:

I'm looking forward to the flagship Multi-IQ machine. I've sold off my CTX, Etrac and have the Nox on hand along with an Explorer 2. I had 3 Nox's replaced within the first 2 1/2 years. and I hope Minelab has learned a few things from all the issues with the Nox. I'll be in line for the next offering from Minelab

Are things not clear that Minelab is only releasing gold machines this year?  What am I missing??/

Also with a 6 month build-up to the release of the Equinox and now with zero build-up, minelab is going to dump a surprise machine on us. 

UGH, just not their MO. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dan(NM) said:

I hope Minelab has learned a few things from all the issues with the Nox. I'll be in line for the next offering from Minelab

For me; provided that they have corrected the inherent flaws! I will eventually step up!     

But, I'm still a little peeved over three coils with broken tabs that had to be replaced, and two pods that had to be replaced; so far! (And yes! I did use the appropriate thickness ML replacement washers, when the old one's wore out! Nor did i overtighten the coil bolt)!

Service has been excellent under warranty! But it still costs us time and money, to ship, and wait awhile for replacement parts! Not to mention that it's got to be a profit drain on Minelab!

***  Minelab!! Just acknowledge the problems, and fix the obvious design flaws!! I don't think that we are asking too much of you!! Or, if nothing else, give us a five year warranty, as a consolation!👍👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, midalake said:

Are things not clear that Minelab is only releasing gold machines this year?  What am I missing??/

Also with a 6 month build-up to the release of the Equinox and now with zero build-up, minelab is going to dump a surprise machine on us. 

UGH, just not their MO. 

When Minelab originally announced the Equinox at Detectival, it was only an announcement that it would be available the following year. 

So while they may be focused on releasing gold machines this year, that wouldn't preclude them from announcing or showing a pre-release version of the next gen EQX at Detectival at the end of this year, for release sometime next year right?

32 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

For me; provided that they have corrected the inherent flaws! I will eventually step up!     

But, I'm still a little peeved over three coils with broken tabs that had to be replaced, and two pods that had to be replaced; so far! (And yes! I did use the appropriate thickness ML replacement washers, when the old one's wore out! Nor did i overtighten the coil bolt)!

Service has been excellent under warranty! But it still costs us time and money, to ship, and wait awhile for replacement parts! Not to mention that it's got to be a profit drain on Minelab!

***  Minelab!! Just acknowledge the problems, and fix the obvious design flaws!! I don't think that we are asking too much of you!! Or, if nothing else, give us a five year warranty, as a consolation!👍👍

Joe I'm sure that Minelab has performed a post mortem on these design weaknesses, and is cognizant of improving these design flaws in future releases, provided it makes $$$ sense. 

There certainly has to be a top ten list of opportunities of improvement, like:

1. Better coil ear design
  2. Better water proofing
  3. Better weight balance (not coil heavy) without increasing weight
  4. Better shaft design
  5. Better designed button layout
  6. ?
  7. ?
  8. ?
  9. ?
  10. ?

• Like 3

One can only hope that they are listening! But it would be nice if they, at least, acknowledged this to their customers occasionally! As N/M does! It takes two, to Tango!👍👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe D. said:

One can only hope that they are listening! But it would be nice if they, at least, acknowledged this to their customers occasionally! As N/M does! It takes two, to Tango!👍👍

Customer communications has never been s stong point for Minelab, but it seems like they have been listening to customer needs better then ever before.

I'm  pleased that Tom Dankowski seems to have their ear and we've seen positive results of this relationship, hopefully this continues.