Ever Regretted Selling A Detector?

I deeply regret selling my E Trac. Their were  settings on it that allowed one to get deep silver if they could handle the symphony of tones. One hunter got a little bit over 1000 silver coins in one year at hunted out New England parks. He lived near by me, so we went to some very trashy Hartford CT parks. He was killing me with 7 silvers before I even could find one. So he called me over and showed me a signal. I heard nothing. He tweaked my machine and told me what to listen for and then told me to dig. Out at about 9" was a Merc. I lost that program when I sold the unit. Bummer

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 11 months later...

It’s been about a year since I posted about my sentimental regret over the F75 LTD. These days I can honestly say I no longer miss it. I did end up buying the Simplex, and consider it a far better deal than the F75. I still have my Nox 800, CTX-3030, V3i, and now have added the Deus 2. I’m trying very hard not to make any hasty decisions about my other machines particularly the Nox 800, thinking the Deus 2 might replace it. If it doesn’t I’ll be kicking myself until I replace it. 

• Like 1

I've only sold or traded off three. Tesoro Mojave, Nokta Impact, Minelab Etrac. I really don't regret parting with any of them. I was using the Equinox 800 90% of the time anyway. I'd say a good rule is to never sell your favorite detector in order to buy one you know nothing about. Especially a new release that has not been out long. I don't gamble on things like that.  

• Like 4

I've never sold a detector, I swapped my QED PI machine for a Garrett AT Gold, I have no regrets on that one, I don't use the AT Gold but I'm probably more likely to use it than I would the QED and my backup plan if I can't find an E-trac for sale second hand in the next few months is to buy the Detech Arrow coil for the AT Gold.  The E-Trac would be my preferred detector on it's supported list but the AT Gold would do the trick.  It's a shame it's not made for more detectors, totally not Detech's fault, it's those pesky security chips preventing aftermarket coils causing me grief once again. 

I have a totally ridiculous infatuation with the Fisher F19/Gold Bug Pro/Technetics G2+. I have bought and sold 5 of them and regretted it each time. 

It is all I can do to not buy the one Noah FL has for sale on the Classified forum right now plus it‘s the Camo version with the 10X5 coil………..Please help me!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1

I regret selling my Tejon and modded Lobo ST.

1 minute ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I have a totally ridiculous infatuation with the Fisher F19/Gold Bug Pro/Technetics G2+. I have bought a sold 5 of them and regretted it each time. 

It is all I can do to not buy the one Noah FL has for sale on the Classified forum right now plus it‘s the Camo version with the 10X5 coil………..Please help me!!!!!!

I saw that too, I was tempted to ask if he'd send it to New Zealand...

Okay, just talking about it made it better. I think I can resist the overwhelming temptation…..

Let’s see, I have two Nox 800s, a Deus 1 and the Legend which can all run at roughly 19 kHz so why would I need a Camo F19 with the 10X5 coil…….It’s got those awesome knobs that actually work like old school analog knobs and…………….😱

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Okay, just talking about it made it better. I think I can resist the overwhelming temptation…..

Let’s see, I have two Nox 800s, a Deus 1 and the Legend which can all run at roughly 19 kHz so why would I need a Camo F19 with the 10X5 coil…….It’s got those awesome knobs that actually work like old school analog knobs and…………….😱

Here is a good reason to get the F19 and none of the detectors you listed above can use it, the good old trusty Nel Snake coil!

snake.jpg.7bb67740cc993a33a662fb8aa29f4036.jpg

We may not see it for any other detectors in the future 😞 Nel have stopped making coils for now, hopefully they come back in the future.  Prices on Ebay have absolutely sky rocketed for Nel coils.