Ever Regretted Selling A Detector?

I hope that all of the fine people at Nel in Ukraine and their families are safe and that they will be able to reopen soon

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I just enjoy trying out different machines every now and then.  After the F19 is gone I’ll be down to a few  Tesoros, a NOX and a Vanquish340 I found onsale a few weeks ago for $169, pretty amazing machine for that price point!! Only machine I possibly regret selling was my Explorer II. I miss the power not the weight, LOL!  That machine found some deeeep coins.  The NOX comes close but hopefully those FBS machines will be the next model for Minelab to replace. 

• Like 2

I am so glad someone bought your F19.  Just having it for sale on this site was giving me nightmares caused by chronic F19 separation syndrome. I can take a nice deep breath now, knowing I don't have to struggle with whether I was going to send you a PM or not😁

13 minutes ago, Noah (FL) said:

I just enjoy trying out different machines every now and then.  After the F19 is gone I’ll be down to a few  Tesoros, a NOX and a Vanquish340 I found onsale a few weeks ago for $169, pretty amazing machine for that price point!! Only machine I possibly regret selling was my Explorer II. I miss the power not the weight, LOL!  That machine found some deeeep coins.  The NOX comes close but hopefully those FBS machines will be the next model for Minelab to replace. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I am so glad someone bought your F19.  Just having it for sale on this site was giving me nightmares caused by chronic F19 separation syndrome. I can take a nice deep breath now, knowing I don't have to struggle with whether I was going to send you a PM or not😁

The checks in the mail my friend so hopefully you can get some sleep tonight and dream of gold and silver!!  

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

Hi. I was just browsing a bit, trying to see if the red heat was still in favour as I stumbled upon this site. Nice to see it still has a couple of fans. I own one that I bought secound hand for a bout 12 years or so after seeing the youtube video from the maker. I think I only searched a couple of hours with it. I want to ask 'the georgiadigger' if his special model was much different from any normal xd-17 and what that difference was. Now I have red more about this machine, I feel the urge to get to know it better. 

I only machine I regret selling was my first Minelab Sovereign xs.  With the White coil.  Once I got it figured out

I went to the lake Michigan shoreline.  It was deep.  I would drop the disc to just over iron, turn up the sensitivity ,

and I think auto.  Turned up the threshhold so I could barely hear it.  I detected a strip of damp sand 5-10 ft from the waters edge, 

and listen for a blip just above threshhold.  It turned out if the blip audio was delayed a bit it was iron. If the blip was not delayed , it was a deep non ferrous.  I was digging quarters and dimes at a measured 18 inches. Insane!.  On any other part of the beach, coins probably 10" deep.  My cousin saw what I was digging, ordered one, and his depth was no where near what I was getting. It was a hot machine or coil. The next year, I bought the next sovereign model, XS2 I believe , and it was not nearly as hot as the one I sadly sold. 

I even bought a 12" sunray coil for the  XS detector, but the depth with the 12 did not even come close to that 8 white coil. 

• Like 5

Only machine I regretted selling was the Gold Racer. Ended up getting another.

Life without regrets is always good 🙂

• Like 2

I know this is an old thread but I started thinking back to all the detectors I've owned and sold.  I've been detecting for 30 years now and have had nearly ever top of the line machine produced from every top manufacturer in that time.   That's a lot of machines.

I've not really *regretted* selling any of them though.  Steve said it best IMO...there's been a few that I remembered as being better than they actually were. Meaning when I bought the same machine later on down the road, it wasn't as good as I remembered it being. One machine I feel absolutely outmatched by not having any more is a GPX for relic hunting.  If I did more of it and had more places to go, I'd definitely have one still.  Unfortunately for me and this area, it came along much too late and most of the sites I could have used it and to its fullest potential, are now covered with subdivision homes and or buildings.

Boy that's a good question.  I've owned many an still have too many.  I do wish that I had my first Minelab, a Sovereign XS with the white coil.  Loved that machine.  When I sold it I tried to buy it back after changing my mind and the buyer had already parted it out.  Also maybe a Cutlass II uMax I loved to use when I just wanted to turn on and go.

I have only ever sold one detector in all the decades that i have been detecting and that was the Troy X5 and 2 coils,i brought it brand new and used it for 2 years and had 100s of hours under my belt with it but it was the worse detector that i have ever purchased....luckily some one was looking for one and i could not sell it quick enough and only lost £25 into the bargain.....every other detector and coil that i have brought i still own and use.

• Like 1