What Kind Of GPS Unit And Boots Do You Use?

Azavsfan

You have to get the boots that meet the terrain and the amount of use you are going to give them.

The use and terrain I give boots, those $50 dollar Wal Mart boots wouldn't last two weeks. In fact, I probably would twist my weak ankle in those boots (or those "tennis like" shoes) in the first week.

Not saying that they don't work for the people that use them.... Just choose the ones that fit your use.

I'm headed to Wally World today to look at those Interceptors and see how they look/feel. Like several others that posted, I like my Keen boots but the sole just isn't holding up well vs the desert terrain. It's actually starting to de-laminate which is something Condor warned me about after the purchase. Thanks for all the replies.

I loved those Keen boots, but 3 pairs delaminated.  Keen was very good about replacing them on a 1 yr warranty, my last ones made it 13 months, too late to replace.  Call customer service, email them a picture of the problem, and a new pair in the mail. 

• Like 1

I loved those Keen boots, but 3 pairs delaminated.  Keen was very good about replacing them on a 1 yr warranty, my last ones made it 13 months, too late to replace.  Call customer service, email them a picture of the problem, and a new pair in the mail. 

Dang ,   where are they coming from, ........ Makro?????

Keen Targhee's are awesome, I cross rivers mud etc and usually just hose them down and toss them on the porch to dry when I get home. 

If terrain permits, and if my feet are feeling up to it, I also wear Vibram Trail Gloves. You really have to watch your footing because you'll feel every pointy rock you step on as they have a very thin sole. They are very light though and make long hikes a breeze and are flexible enough to tackle light climbing if you need to as well.