Heck I probably sold a 1000 GB-2's and still have customers wanting them.  That compact rake idea is nice.  How have you been able to do so far this year, I figured the ground is frozen and covered in white stuff.  GB-2 with a small 6" Ellip will go down in history...well deserved too.

• Like 2

Nothing in 2021 yet, Gerry.  Mike has been up, but has gotten snowed out each time and the roads are horrible.  We're careful so the ranchers don't get mad at us for creating more ruts for them and yes the ground is frozen a few inches down.  Jim & I haven't been up for a couple of months, so we're getting stuff ready for when we can.  Hope all is well with you and hope we can detect together this year sometime.

On 1/23/2021 at 2:21 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

GB-2 with a small 6" Ellip will go down in history...well deserved too.

Hell yer....I have the GM 1000, Nox 800 with 6" coil, Whites GMT & I still love my GB2 & that rock solid little sniper coil.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Scarfoot
      Hey folks, I'm always trying to small down my kit and I've been successful in stuffing all my gear(detector etc.) into a nice compact light weight backpack for back country/far from the road excursions, with the exception of my digging tool, I'm looking for something that is strong enough not to break on me when I'm 3miles from the truck that fits in my pack. A take down shovel of some sort would be great. I've tried mil surp. trenching tools and they don't agree with me. If anyone has suggestions and experience with any particular model  I would love to hear them before I start having a tool custom built for me which will be expensive and take time. If this post is in the wrong spot please move to the appropriate group!
      Thanks
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Jobe 2017 full color catalog, 4.86 MB pdf file, 52 pages
      Gold Panning, Sluicing, Dredging, Drywashing Forum
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Jobe 2005 full color catalog, 1.63 MB pdf file, 52 pages
      Gold Panning, Sluicing, Dredging, Drywashing Forum
    • By Lunk
      When getting close to the target, I lay the pick aside and start digging with the scoop, to avoid any possibility of marking the prospective nugget with the pick. I think it's time to finally retire my scoop, though. 😞

• By RiverRat
      I will be retiring in the coming months and am preparing to get back into prospecting. My plan is to go "high tech".  My view is that I may want a VLF to search for small targets then switch to a PI to punch down deeper for any other potential targets over the same area.   I'm leaning strongly toward the Gold Bug 2 for my first detector. I understand after doing some research and watching a bunch of videos on YouTube that the GB2 really  excels at recovering small gold.
      My question is,  considering it's operating frequency, what kind of depth is possible with the GB2 and considering ground mineralization?
    • By nickeldNdimed
      Want to get a sand scoop for the beach. Search did not come up with a good discussion here.  Looking for suggestions.
      Use 2-3 times a year, salt water, wet and dry use. A travel type scoop would be nice for travel and storage. 

Not wanting to spend $300 on high end since it won’t see the heavy use in the near term. I like the RTGs but there are so many options!  Length, scoop size, material/weight. The travel scoop with 2 piece handle seems nice but I have read it has a crappy connection with a sheet metal type screw?  Scoopal and the Nokta scoops are tempting but I could see breaking these. 

Thoughts?