Minelab GPX 6000 In Quartzite, Arizona?

jasong

14 minutes ago, jasong said:

If it was a new GPZ 7500

No, just the 6000. There is no 7500. Just asked her.

• Like 1

It's kinda hilarious, this highly anticipated detector globally. 

And Minelab's big reveal outside the Middle East apparantly is a tiny booth at an RV show that really has nothing to do with metal detecting, in a 3,000 person town, with no advertisement so prospectors might show up and see it unless they happen to be also looking for an RV?

Granted, lots of snowbirds there in the winter. But still... You couldn't get more diametrically opposite than the Equinox Parachute Guy than with this release I guess.

• Like 1

It’s a big world that’s now linked down to the micro second via the net but in reality out on the ground its also a microcosm that is diametrically opposed to the bigger picture story that seems to be getting all the press. At the end of the day there’s lots and lots of discussion going on and heaps of google searches primping the data, happy days for the marketing troglodyte’s even if the reality is kind of weirding the regular peeps out.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Supposedly there Sunday so still a chance to see it. And of any people that saw it, nobody has said anything? It is a good thing the marketing folks are so carefully controlling the release narrative. Are these the same folks distributing the vaccine? :laugh:

Hey Steve I kind of find it funny how I’m gagged 🤐 to a large extent yet ML people are travelling around showing it off.... thoughts? 🤔

• Like 2

A buddy of mine was there. Said it’s an absolutely amazing machine. Comes with  11 in Mono and 14 in DD. But Middle East package has 17 in, not 14. The 14 DD can be controlled with a button from the control box for different functions!! EMI cancelling, ground cancelling etc.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

48 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Hey Steve I kind of find it funny how I’m gagged 🤐 to a large extent yet ML people are travelling around showing it off.... thoughts? 🤔

You mean my thoughts about how incredibly stupid, ridiculous, nutty, counter-productive, and somewhat disrespectful this all is? I don’t have any opinion on that. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

A buddy of mine was there. Said it’s an absolutely amazing machine. Comes with  11 in Mono and 14 in DD. But Middle East package has 17 in, not 14. The 14 DD can be controlled with a button from the control box for different functions!! EMI cancelling, ground cancelling etc.

Interesting, so there will be different packages offered any of us can buy? Or different packages for different areas? I like us having a choice of packages (that’s great actually), but not thrilled if it’s a regional thing.

Apparently, the Middle East and Africa machine is also slightly different than the regular one. I find this hard to believe. We shall see.

• Like 1