Fired Up My Eagle 2

When I got this detector in 92 from Kellyco it was the top line of White’s . My cost was 725.00 and for the time that was a lot to pay for a detector.

Well this morning I got it out and put batteries in it and it came alive just like it did back in 92 . I ran soon test to see if everything is still working and at the same time I’m thinking why I put this aside.

I’ve said this in the past those who had the Eagle and wanted to up grade to the Eagle ll White’s would. I’m not sure of the cost but it was around a 125.00 . I believe this was the only time White’s offered doing that.

I have the stock coil that came with it but right away ordered the small coil that has great depth for the size.

I don’t know if kellyco person that’s on here remember that Kellyco came out with a coil for the Eagle ll . I got the coil and I didn’t find it was any better that the stock 9 inch coil.

Here’s some pictures that will take you back in time to another great day in detectors.

Chuck

F57B3133-1274-451E-B7F7-976FFD3FA6F0.jpeg

01A8FC6D-6833-4C28-BF8E-754D6A418910.jpeg

183093AD-BCA7-4C78-8C2E-A41FCF7CCD26.jpeg

9535A7C1-32DE-4D77-BBF7-3D427A9712A3.jpeg

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Fired Up My Eagle 2

Kellyco  

Your company came out with this coil I just had to try but I liked the small coil so much your coil came off .

It didn’t see the light of day until about 5 minutes ago.

Chuck 

8C0D800B-8D3B-4289-818F-2CF59E31DF79.jpeg

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

What's the "air" button for?

Nevermind - I found the manual online.  It is a prompt to trigger the start of the ground balance sequence by telling the detector the coil is off the ground and in the air and ready to be moved towards the ground for the GB setting.

Hello. From the manual: Air - Prepares the instrument to ground balance.

Think it is like the XLT and DFX do, first ist holding the loop to waist level and air balance, then put the coil to the ground and ground balance. All done without any metal near the coil.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

When I got this detector in 92 from Kellyco it was the top line of White’s . My cost was 725.00 and for the time that was a lot to pay for a detector.

Well this morning I got it out and put batteries in it and it came alive just like it did back in 92 . I ran soon test to see if everything is still working and at the same time I’m thinking why I put this aside.

I’ve said this in the past those who had the Eagle and wanted to up grade to the Eagle ll White’s would. I’m not sure of the cost but it was around a 125.00 . I believe this was the only time White’s offered doing that.

I have the stock coil that came with it but right away ordered the small coil that has great depth for the size.

I don’t know if kellyco person that’s on here remember that Kellyco came out with a coil for the Eagle ll . I got the coil and I didn’t find it was any better that the stock 9 inch coil.

Here’s some pictures that will take you back in time to another great day in detectors.

Chuck

Hi Chuck.

I think that investment was worth it, as it still works. Yes, they did a great job on their detectors, built like a tank.

• Like 2

Yes Locator it’s still a great detector that’s never had to go back for repairs.

I guess I’m the only one that’s not happy who bought out White’s . I believe if First Texas was the one White’s name would continue on . I just don’t see that with the other company.

The great thing this Eagle ll detecting as in 92 but like me it’s over weight being I’m older than back then.

Chuck 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Locator  
 I had a dealer friend in south Houston in the early 70’s and he had people all time ask him how durable was a White’s detector.

What that nut would do  when they got outside he’d turn it off and throw it so it would roll across the yard. Then go pick it up and turn it on saying that durable.

He did say one day that was going to cost him a sale.

Chuck 

• Like 1

Chase  

That air test is when the detector would sniff the air to see if any coins was in the general area you planned to hunt .

Chuck 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Locator  
 I had a dealer friend in south Houston in the early 70’s and he had people all time ask him how durable was a White’s detector.

What that nut would do  when they got outside he’d turn it off and throw it so it would roll across the yard. Then go pick it up and turn it on saying that durable.

He did say one day that was going to cost him a sale.

Chuck 

Was that Alexander Enterprises? I bought my Garrett CX II there in 1994. I actually got it out today and ran it through the test garden. All metal is is not bad at all but the Disc mode can't come close to today's top end machines. t did find a lot of stuff anyway.

JHR

You’re right but back in early 70’s it was owned by Jim Alexander . It still carries his last name as you know.

The Best 

Chuck 

• Like 1