Top Pocket Find And The Curse

Awesome find AMW- congrats! I love those "18's" but I don't do that much dirt digging.

• Thanks 1

Sharp looking ring, real stones! or not! 

Funny, i did the exact same hunt today that you described! Fishing pond and all! Minus the ring though!👍👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hear you 18 is a tuff one for me to want to dig out of the turf, but you made a golden choice well done, nice ring! 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you take a loupe to the stones, look for refractions of light. If there is a rainbow in the panes then it's a cz. Also look for inclusions. Made made stones don't have inclusions, natural stones do. Any little bit of dirt is good.

Any sings of wear on the edges of the facets can indicate a cz. Diamonds usually maintain their edges due to their hardness. Just some bits of info I picked up asking about them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Againstmywill said:

When light shines through the stones(because the underside of the stones are visible from inside the ring), there are definitely rainbow-like flashes going on. 

I would take i to a local jeweler for a second opinion for sure. I think the are cz's but have seen real ones that look just like them.

Great catch and good luck on your next outing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Probably CZ's then. Still a nice find.

I refuse to buy a diamond tester and gold tester. If I do I got the feeling it will jinx me and I won't find anymore jewelry. Best to borrow one from a buddy so as soon as you give it back you have an increase chance needing to borrow it again. Just my paranoia 🙂

• Like 4