Fisher F22 & F44 Other Coils?

I have an F22 with the stock 9” elliptical concentric coil that I like taking out every now and then. Mainly playgrounds and parks. I probably get most things within 6”. I’ve dug some good deeper signals occasionally but most good signals are within that 6” range which is adequate. I do use the iron audio occasionally, tot lots with mulch I dig everything above the weed barrier. 

I’ve been wondering about the Fisher alternative coils like the 4”  concentric for some really trashy areas around shelter.  I’ve also come across some posts where folks refer to a 5” DD coil but unclear which one. The F5 and F75 have that option but it is not on the charts as compatible with the F22. I’ve also seen aftermarket 5” DDs and other options.  I figure depth loss should be minimal with better separation.  

Looking for insight from others that have used alternative coils on these detectors. 

• The title was changed to Fisher F22 & F44 Other Coils?

The 4" concentric coil is fairly new and was released without any fanfare at all.  I like it on my EuroTek Pro and on my Omega 8500.   Its a good trashy hot spot coil that maintains its small foot print.

The 5" DD coil is a good coil too.  I like that it gets a bit more ground coverage than the 4" concentric.  While the 4" coil is more like a bullseye, like hunting with a 50 cent piece,  the 5" DD has a wider field and so you get a little more ground coverage.  The trash dictates what you use as these are both really high trash coils.

When I sold my F44, I sold it with the 9" coil and kept the 11" Triangulated coil it came with.   I also use it on my Eurotek Pro and my 8500, and I also use it on my F75 when i want a bigger concentric coil on it and am ok with an on/off audio response (no modulation).

All that said....The 4" concentric is a decent coil and its cheap as coils go if you want a budget minded trash coil.  But you won't go wrong with either one.

HH
Mike 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mike_Hillis said:

The 4" concentric coil is fairly new and was released without any fanfare at all.  I like it on my EuroTek Pro and on my Omega 8500.   Its a good trashy hot spot coil that maintains its small foot print.

The 5" DD coil is a good coil too.  I like that it gets a bit more ground coverage than the 4" concentric.  While the 4" coil is more like a bullseye, like hunting with a 50 cent piece,  the 5" DD has a wider field and so you get a little more ground coverage.  The trash dictates what you use as these are both really high trash coils.

When I sold my F44, I sold it with the 9" coil and kept the 11" Triangulated coil it came with.   I also use it on my Eurotek Pro and my 8500, and I also use it on my F75 when i want a bigger concentric coil on it and am ok with an on/off audio response (no modulation).

All that said....The 4" concentric is a decent coil and its cheap as coils go if you want a budget minded trash coil.  But you won't go wrong with either one.

HH
Mike 

Thank you for the response. The 4” is tempting to try on some areas. On the 5” DD, the chart (I referenced it before) doesn’t show it as compatible but I know I have read where people use them. There are two listed, one for the F5 (5COIL-F5F) and  one for the F75 (5COIL-F75). I’m assuming connectors are different and maybe there is something physically different depending in the detector frequency. Which one works on the F22?  

Edit: I looked at chart again and then various detectors mentioned. Seems like the connectors should be the same and the F22 frequency in same as the Omega 8000. The 5COIL-TEK should work?

On 1/23/2021 at 6:04 PM, nickeldNdimed said:

I have an F22 with the stock 9” elliptical concentric coil that I like taking out every now and then. Mainly playgrounds and parks. I probably get most things within 6”. I’ve dug some good deeper signals occasionally but most good signals are within that 6” range which is adequate. I do use the iron audio occasionally, tot lots with mulch I did everything above the weed barrier. 

I’ve been wondering about the Fisher alternative coils like the 4”  concentric for some really trashy areas around shelter.  I’ve also seen come across some posts where folks refer to a 5” DD coil but unclear which one. The F5 and F75 have that option but it is not on the charts as compatible with the F22. I’ve also seen aftermarket 5” DDs and other options.  I figure depth loss should be minimal with better separation.  

Looking for insight from others that have used alternative coils on these detectors. 

I have had and used both the 4" Concentric and 5" Double-D on an Omega 8000, Omega 6500, Fisher F5 and Fisher F44.  They work well, but they work 'differently' based on the settings and the site environment.  Of the two, if I had only one choice, it would the the 5" DD for my average hunting needs.

Another coil I used most of the time on all of these models for 'general-purpose' detecting, was the 7" Concentric coil.  Very good discrimination, very acceptable depth-of-detection, and it had a really nice balance and feel.

Just my thoughts.

Monte

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Monte said:

I have had and used both the 4" Concentric and 5" Double-D on an Omega 8000, Omega 6500, Fisher F5 and Fisher F44.  They work well, but they work 'differently' based on the settings and the site environment.  Of the two, if I had only one choice, it would the the 5" DD for my average hunting needs.

Another coil I used most of the time on all of these models for 'general-purpose' detecting, was the 7" Concentric coil.  Very good discrimination, very acceptable depth-of-detection, and it had a really nice balance and feel.

Just my thoughts.

Monte

Monte, do you feel the 7” round concentric is better or worth it over the 9” elliptical concentric?  

Also, on the 4” and 5”, by differently do you mean that the target IDs or depth or both would be skewed from the original coil under same conditions?  

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone weigh in on what differences I could expect by using the recommended round 7” coil vs the stock elliptical 9” coil?

They are both concentric type, similar size.  Is it separation?  Better pinpointing? VDI accuracy?  

I originally asked about the little 4” and I think I know how I could use this one differently in a super trashy area. Just wondering on the 7” if there is a significant enough benefit over stock in parks, tot lots, for coins a and jewelry.  They are cheap enough to contemplate and I enjoy this detector. 

Thanks. 

C60909D3-FCED-4F46-8AAC-476F104EB91D.png