Blisstool Still Around?

I was always intrigued with that machine and been keeping an eye out for the v6 but only ones I had seen for sale have been on ebay with the 240v chargers. It's too bad. Thought of patching the 3 way discrim to a trigger like the Tejon has to make it more efficient. Bummer

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was a member of a very good Blisstool group on Facebook. Apparently within the last month it was taken down by the USA owners. I did ask if they were interested in a new Admin and owner if they ever wanted to give it up. No answer.

Over the past 6 months I have complied as much useful info I could find regarding the Blisstools, such as the V5 and V6, just in case any sites were taken off the web.

Also regarding the chargers, a 110 volt input chargers can be had and a new plug put on. What your concerned about is the output voltage of the charger. This is the charger we would get in the USA for 110 volts. SkyRC E3 AC Input 2s 3s Lipo Battery Balance Charger. You can pick them up on ebay.

The UK Forum still has a Blisstool sub-forum https://www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=276

Don't think there was much difference between the V5 and V6 except the V6 has the ORE switch setting. Think I was pretty close to understanding what they did to include that setting.

I have the V5 and enjoy it especially with the smaller 7x9 coil. Very stable and makes a great park coin and jewelry hunter. I haven't tried the larger coils that came with it yet. Actually thought about building a smaller 5" DD for it. Have to finish a bunch of other projects first.

e3_Instruction_Manual_V1.4.pdf

• Like 4

On 1/27/2021 at 7:55 PM, kac said:

Thought of patching the 3 way discrim to a trigger like the Tejon has to make it more efficient. Bummer

Something I thought about as well. As I do use all three toggle position settings to help ID a target.

• Like 2

Strange they would just give up, they seemed to have a small following of loyal users. Maybe they threw in the towel and gave up. It seemed to be a unique machine that wouldn't appeal to the mass market, maybe looked a little intimidating :)

If I find a working one pretty cheap on ebay I may snag one but $900 USD is bit of a stretch for something without a warranty for me since I don't have the knowledge to fix the circuit or the tools. Patch a couple wires, replace a pot I'm ok with.

• Like 1

I would wait until a used one shows up. They are found as low as $300 or even lower for a V4,V3. I am always looking out for another Bliss some one wants to unload.

There are quite a few sitting in closets with in the US. I have a line on one sitting in anothers garage here in Canada.

They do look intimating to many, unless your old school. There's no computer processor or programing software to do all the setting up for someone. Once you learn the controls, what they do, how they interact with each other, its easy to set up and use.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kac said:

If I find a working one pretty cheap on ebay I may snag one but $900 USD is bit of a stretch for something without a warranty....

Is the Deeptech Vista X a competitor?  Here's a USA retailer.

No it is not. two entirely different detectors. The Vista X is basically a detector built for the US market with expanded disc range like detectorists favored over what the European market needs. Was made to capitalize on the beep an dig market and compete and squash the Tesoro Tejon. It's what everyone was telling Tesoro to build, which got nowhere with them. I had a Vista X  https://www.treasurelinx.com/deeptech_md.html

The only thing the DeepTech Vista X has in common with the Blisstool detectors is they are both made in Bulgaria by different companies.

• Like 2