GPX 6000 - How Do Others Compete?

I have always wanted to have a gpx 5000. It is well known that with the double-d coil it is fantastic for relic hunting and even for the beach, but for its price I have ruled it out, and since I surely there are hundreds of people, if not  Thousands.  Lower the price of this new gpx and they will sell more than double that of its successor

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

I am just generally amazed what small stuff the GPZ can find despite the 14 in coil that the GM has a hard time detecting with the tiny 5 in.  I am a "dig it all" guy so I have recovered microscopic trash and gold with the GPZ, so small that I can barely see it in the scoop. Hence, I would give the GPZ a 5 star for small and large gold, but make it dependent on the user's willingness to go for small stuff with the GPZ as well.

I have on many occasions got a very faint signal with my GPZ, I too am a dig it all guy, & when I have disturbed the ground matrix & the target it has disappeared. I knew what I heard but it was gone. No amount of fluffing about with the GPZ brought it back. Break out the Gold Monster & I have found it. Tiny bit of gold. My GPZ & GM go hand in hand.

G4G

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

The expectation is what keeps us going out, the hopes there is still gold present. Over the years ML have had the uncanny ability to keep on generating products that open up more opportunities. At the moment thats all you have to go on, Minelab’s track record.

And their track record speaks for itself. No doubt about it. If only they could make the gold grow bigger & not smaller. 😊

G4G

11 minutes ago, geek4gold said:

I have on many occasions got a very faint signal with my GPZ, I too am a dig it all guy, & when I have disturbed the ground matrix & the target it has disappeared. I knew what I heard but it was gone. No amount of fluffing about with the GPZ brought it back. Break out the Gold Monster & I have found it. Tiny bit of gold. My GPZ & GM go hand in hand.

I wonder if those issues are in part contributed by the 14 in stock coil. Perhaps a smaller coil on the GPZ, like what Simon is using or even already the 12 NF would prevent this signal disappearance of happening?

5 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

Just wondering, I have never had these issues with the SDC. It was always the tracking out that was responsible for signal disappearance. So is this an issue with ZVT?

So I am trying to answer my own question: MPF is less sensitive to signal disappearances caused by matrix disturbed small gold, hence these effects are less common on the SDC. (?)

5 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Minelab have created the situation were people are disgruntled, offering a smaller coil concept at release and not following through after 6 years was a big mistake and insulting to buyers.

That was a real slap in the face & I wonder how many people actually forked out the big money & bought a GPZ on that statement from Minelab.

G4G 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, geek4gold said:

That was a real slap in the face & I wonder how many people actually forked out the big money & bought a GPZ on that statement from Minelab.

G4G 

It’s ancient history now, the vast majority wanted access to the brute horsepower of ZVT and got it. The subject of ML not doing anything smaller has been done to death and TBH I’m sick of it. If NF make a cazzzilion 12” coils then we’ll know the answer to that question I guess.🥵

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, phrunt said:

No, this happens to me with every detector and coil.   The size of the gold may change but the basic principal is the same.   I've even had Gold Monster targets disappear. 🙂 I ended up finding them after a lot of messing around so they did exist.

I think what Gold Catcher was meaning was if in the scenario of what I spoke of above using the 14" ML coil on the GPZ, would a smaller coil of what you on the use GPZ still have got that piece of tiny gold that I used the GM to find in the end. Of courser we will never know that without a side by side on site at the time comparison.

G4G

Thanks. Let's turn this thread towards the 6000 which WILL come with small and large coils 🙂 Let's see how this all will be measuring up. 🙂

4 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

If NF make a cazzzilion 12” coils then we’ll know the answer to that question I guess.🥵

And if they make a 10" &/or an 8" for the GPZ you would be in boots & all too. Right, who wouldn't be?

I guess this is all getting off topic & time will tell when the 6000 has been waved about for a bit. But knowing Minelab it will be a winner & have an edge in certain situations. All their detectors do.

G4G