GPX 6000 - How Do Others Compete?

Reading between the lines the 6000 should be perfect for me, I do loads of loaming with detectors looking for reefs.

I reckon the main bit of leaked info to listen to is when they said, all gold types, all the time ( or something similar to that). This to me says it’s going to be good on small, queer shaped, prickly, speci bits (all gold) in highly variable mineralised ground (all the time).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So many things to look forward too. Also on the "big" size, I am curious to see how the 6000/17 inch compares to the GPZ 14/19.

7 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Since the GPX-5000 was $5800 when it first came out and this is a newer detector with better ergonomics, more user friendly and the claims say better than a 5000 at small gold,, it would only make sense the price to be over $5800.  Hope this helps.

the opposite happened with the equinox.  better ergonomics, waterproof, better technology.  Apparently it should have been more expensive and it wasn't.  And we have already seen the results there are equinox everywhere.  They have been sold as churros (as they say around here).  I want the same to happen with this model

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Luis said:

I want the same to happen with this model

I think we were just told in no uncertain terms to abandon that particular hope.

$6000+ likely.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Trent King said:

Reading between the lines the 6000 should be perfect for me, I do loads of loaming with detectors looking for reefs.

I reckon the main bit of leaked info to listen to is when they said, all gold types, all the time ( or something similar to that). This to me says it’s going to be good on small, queer shaped, prickly, speci bits (all gold) in highly variable mineralised ground (all the time).

Could it be a gpz killer? Someone who knows a tester mentioned that you may see a lot of gpz's advertised shortly. There wasnt a HUGE difference between a 5000 and 7000 IMO. If the 6000 narrows that gap why would future buyers consider buying the flagship detector (gpz). I havnt used a 3030 but many seem to think that the nox800 is close in ablity at half the price.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jasong said:

I think we were just told in no uncertain terms to abandon that particular hope.

$6000+ likely.

I wonder if a tester would have any knowledge of what the 6000 is likely to retail for .... probably not, but one said recently that the price would be (in australia) $6500.  

3 minutes ago, Jin said:

Could it be a gpz killer? Someone who knows a tester mentioned that you may see a lot of gpz's advertised shortly. There wasnt a HUGE difference between a 5000 and 7000 IMO. If the 6000 narrows that gap why would future buyers consider buying the flagship detector (gpz). I havnt used a 3030 but many seem to think that the nox800 is close in ablity at half the price.  

I think JP already answered that one earlier.  The GPZ was designed for raw depth, so I would not expect the 6000 to beat it on large deep gold.  
It all depends on how you hunt, I have a loader to push more dirt off if I want to go deeper, so rarely need a 7000.  But a super light, spec sniffer would be of great use in helping to work out where to scrape next.

• Like 3

I think the GPZ will remain king with deep gold, but perhaps the 6000/14-17 will be a valuable alternative albeit not at the same level. Still looking forward to the direct test to see how much better the GPZ will remain.

15 minutes ago, Jin said:

If the 6000 narrows that gap why would future buyers consider buying the flagship detector (gpz).

I have to guess most of us in the USA and Australia who would buy a GPZ at this point, already bought one. 

Sounds to me like the 6000 is going to be the polished "all arounder" for serious users, with the bonus to excel on the small stuff, which is the most common to find these days. And added bonus that it's nicer to use due to weight.

Serious users who want or need to chase bigger, deeper gold probably will want a GPZ still.

Might be some used GPZ's on the market coming up though, because the 6000 will probably meet the needs of many forum posters in a way that makes the GPZ somewhat extraneous due to their particular needs. Australia may be a different story, hard to tell.

I was just about to post this when Trent replied. Similar sentiment as far as what JP said and the GPZ/6000 question.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Jin said:

As a recreational prospector, I decided  that I am not rushing to sell what I have for this, the price difference and loss of selling my Zed as used vs. performance gain is probably not that great.  But it is interesting keeping up with the news about where the technology is going.