GPX 6000 - How Do Others Compete?

Reading between the lines, which is fun but often way out, the 6000 in MLs pipeline is why they didn`t produce a smaller coil for the GPZ. Which is exciting because going by MLs past of always dependably producing better performing detectors thus those of us who chase gold seriously will want, whoops no no need both. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I do think for serious prospectors, the 6000 will seemingly give them a measure of portability for searching a wider range of new possibilities than lugging that brick of a 7000. People like Jason will be big beneficiaries of that jump in ergonomics with less weight while not losing much in detecting power. 

• Like 2

All comes down to salt performance for me on this particular machine (at least based on the info we have on hand so far). Really wish there were field reports.

The conductive/salt setting and PI pedigree seem to me to suggest a great machine for NNV. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, flakmagnet said:

I do think for serious prospectors, the 6000 will seemingly give them a measure of portability for searching a wider range of new possibilities than lugging that brick of a 7000. People like Jason will be big beneficiaries of that jump in ergonomics with less weight while not losing much in detecting power. 

This is what i do with the SDC.  Fold it up and hike in, then bring the artillery back when needed.

• Like 2

I like it for the fact of climbing through manzanita and dense motherload brush without any wires tangling up from the power cord and headphones. Also, having a speaker while detecting in the heavy brush crawling on my stomach so I can hear the surrounding area for rattlesnakes, mountain lions, bears and tweakers.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

This is what i do with the SDC.  Fold it up and hike in, then bring the artillery back when needed.

Exactly my strategy! I have hiked with the GPZ shouldered for 10 miles in difficult terrain, but I did find gold there before with the SDC 🙂

Hey Lunk - 

I have to agree with your statement below.  It would have been nice to see a small coil a year after the release of the GPZ 7000, not 5 years later like the NF Z Search coil now.  However, later is better than never I guess.  I also have found so much gold with the stock Minelab 14x13 GPZ 7000 coil, I'm very happy.  I really like the new small NF, more for the weight and a slight sensitivity edge.  However, as you mentioned about coil prices going through the roof, this new coil I believe will be $1100-1200 MAP 😞

I'm excited to see what the new GPX 6000 will bring.  The lighter design and ergonomics of this unit will be a huge plus.  

P.S.  Try not to beat us to all the old nugget patches out there! 

Rob

Especially with the inflated coil prices these days; the same amount of money that buys a 14”x9” NF Evo used to get you a Coiltek 27”x21” Bonzer. I was delighted when the GPZ 7000 was released because the stock coil found gold of all sizes at depth, eliminating the need for a coil arsenal; the only exception being the lack of a small coil for tight spots and heavy scrub, which appears is also going to be the same deficiency on the upcoming GPX 6000, with the 11” round mono coil being the smallest offering.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Luis said:

I believe this machine could be the machine that quite a lot of Aussies have been craving

for a long time.

We know it’s light, if it can maintain a high sweep speed without careful coil control, then it would be a “Prospectors Dream” great for covering a lot of ground and finding that 1st speck, then bring in the 7000.

3 minutes ago, egixe4 said:

I believe this machine could be the machine that quite a lot of Aussies have been craving

Not just Aussies....!

• Like 1