GPX 6000 - How Do Others Compete?

12 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Even if the GPX-6000 could not perform any better than my GPZ-7000, I'd still prefer the 6000 JUST BECAUSE OF THE ERGONOMICS & LIGHTER WEIGHT.

I agree.  The margin of performance increase, if any, with the 7000 must be so incredibly thin I wonder how it could truly make up for cost delta and bodily wear and tear over time.  Time will tell once we know the cost and real world performance - but it makes sense that ML would be headed in the direction of significantly closing the performance gap between the 5000 and 7000 with the 6000 (even though it is still "only" PI technology vs. ZVT). And ML certainly has learned A LOT of things about improving ergonomics and has probably realized the true value in ergonomics vs. performance and the ability of good ergonomics COMBINED with good enough performance to sell machines.   Put another way, ML is realizing that ergonomics can no longer take a back seat to performance as we reach the performance limits of metal detecting technlogy.  Ergonomics, along with price, versatility, and performance form the total value equation for detectors and total value appears to be the thing driving detector sales these days.

• Like 4

All I can say is that I can swing the Monster a lot longer than I can swing my SDC.  Weight and ergonomics alone, imo, make this new tector worth a serious look?  More coil time...more gold.  I try to manage my field time as best I can with what I currently use.

• Like 3

I honestly can't figure out who that big rant is against as I don't seem to see anything written like that in the threads here. 

Did something get deleted?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

I don’t know much about the QED because it is strictly Australian but isn’t that what they kind of did jasong?  

I don't know much about it either. Which to me demonstrates one of their weak points as a company in terms of being able to take on a major detecting company.

Outside of forums, in the US, I doubt many have even heard of it. In the Middle East/Africa where the market for such a machine seems to be ripe, I wonder how many know a lot about it?

Point being, seems to me they have more hurdles than just keeping up with ML tech. But again, I know nothing about them except that I know nothing, which itself seems to be a problem they need to solve in a general sense among potential customers.

• Like 2

I think we heard enough to say that this will be another outstanding ML machine. The apparent easy of use, weight reduction and coil control options per push button (!!) makes this a value proposition. We shall see if the GEO-PI would challenge ZVT performance in situations where the GPZ really shines, but I don't think this is the intended point at all. Rather, a modern high performance detector with an interesting new Geo-PI technology that fits nicely in between SDC and GPZ. I can't wait to have one. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, oneguy said:

All I can say is that I can swing the Monster a lot longer than I can swing my SDC

Same for me. That being said, the SDC is like a body part of mine by now and I would never give it up!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Now I have to go ask the one who wears the pants in the house for permission.

That process commenced yesterday for me  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Northeast said:

That process commenced yesterday for me  🤣

I am in negotiations as well. I might have to cough up the same amount for my other half to keep the peace...

• Like 1