• mn90403 changed the title to It Sure Looks Pretty (18 C)

Nice find and great save for you.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1

Beautiful looking ring! Custom made I would think? Test those stones, hopefully the customer wanted raw looking diamonds and not perfect ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope that ring is as special as it looks Mitchel- hard to say from just the picture. I'm not familiar with "18C" but the color sure looks right- congrats on an interesting and, hopefully, valuable find! 😲

I wouldn't be too concerned about the weight. It seems about right since it is kind of like a filigree style. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Compass said:

It seems about right since it is kind of like a filigree style. 

I agree.  I could hear the style while it was still in the ground.

• Like 1

Great find Mitchel!!! I hope those stones are rough diamonds. That would sure make that ring one of a kind. I believe you are correct on the 18c, pretty much the same as 18k. most likely from somewhere in or around Switzerland. Next question is who would ruin a perfectly good pair of needle nose pliers? Ha Ha

• Haha 1
On 1/24/2021 at 12:46 AM, mn90403 said:

It weighs 4.6 grams and is only missing 1 of the stone inclusions. 

18K gold is considered to be the jack of all trades when it comes to jewellery. It is pure enough (75% purity) to not change any colour or oxidise over time while maintaining reasonable rigidity under mechanical stress. Next is Carat, while it is pronounced the same as Karat, the letter ‘C’ makes all the difference. It is a totally different story, Carat is a weight unit, just like kilogram, pound, stone etc. 1 Carat or 1ct is equal to 0.2gr .

So you should have 3.6 grams of gold and the rest is diamonds.

The ring is a custom made item from the EU from what I can find out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By dewcon4414
      Took off early this morning heading to the beach because i promised to look for a class ring for a lady.  Gridded the area repeated for over 5 hours .... nada.   Because of the area it was lost at i dug a lot of pushed up can slaw, crab trap, and pull tabs.  It was one nice day out there finally wave wise.  Picked up a few coin.... but very few.  I did find one quarter that was a 1958.  I showed it just to how what salt water does to silver coins on time.  This babies thin and black.  About waist deep (the ring was lost chest deep) i hit a good signal.... it wasnt the class ring but was GOLD.   A nice Fredrick Goldberg 14K 6.5 grams. 

• By dewcon4414
      These are my finds for the day.  Absolutely brutal out there today.  The heavy winds we blowing right into shore creating one heck of a pull out current and raised the TID by a good 3’.  The waves were tuff.  I saw about 8 other hunter but only 3 of us got in.  Coil control went out the window in the shallow especially.  Did about 4 hours and that all I wanted since I got 1 gold… 6.7 grams 10k, silver toe ring, want to be nugget ring, and a TI.  For the conditions…. a real good day.  The other was a keeper the last day of May I believe.  Beauty.

• By devilsrenegade
      I have been wanting to search this ballpark again and try to find some gold jewelry, so today I had the time and decided to give it a go. I brought the Simplex and was going to dig all targets intent on finding jewelry. I put the Simplex in park 2, iron volume off with all notches accepted and set the sensitivity at half. I ground balanced and started swinging. First target was a bottlecap, second a piece of canslaw and third was bam......10k gold band about 3" deep. I don't think I was there more than 5 minutes. The rest of the hunt was some clad and lots of pulltabs and bottle caps and a junk arrowhead pendant. I guess it was just good luck that got my coil over that ring so quickly in the hunt. The ring came in at just above nickel and weighs just over 2 grams.

• By mn90403
      This forum had lots of 'finds' in the past but not so many now as most are waiting to get their 6000.  The Equinox and a few other detectors can still hunt. Use them and post what you find fellas.
      Here is a pendant I found today which is unusual that it is 14k.  Most of my religious finds are 10k or less.  This one weighs 4.5 grams.

• By oneguy
      Fri. hunt and one of my better hunts this season.  28 bits for a whopping 2.1g.....lol  But I'm having fun grinding em out, one bit at a time!!!!!

• By Smithsgold
      Moving Boulders to find more Gold Nuggets 
      We return to move a boulder that's been keeping me awake at night just thinking about what might be underneath it. This boulder is sitting on Bedrock just above the main flow of the river so it could be loaded with Gold !!!! I worked the crevice around it and pulled out a couple pickers and a lot of lead so lets see what's under that boulder. Detectors used Minelab SDC 2300 and the White's Gold Master V-Sat .
      SG 040