It Sure Looks Pretty (18 C)

• The title was changed to It Sure Looks Pretty (18 C)

Beautiful looking ring! Custom made I would think? Test those stones, hopefully the customer wanted raw looking diamonds and not perfect ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope that ring is as special as it looks Mitchel- hard to say from just the picture. I'm not familiar with "18C" but the color sure looks right- congrats on an interesting and, hopefully, valuable find! 😲

I wouldn't be too concerned about the weight. It seems about right since it is kind of like a filigree style. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Compass said:

It seems about right since it is kind of like a filigree style. 

I agree.  I could hear the style while it was still in the ground.

• Like 1

Great find Mitchel!!! I hope those stones are rough diamonds. That would sure make that ring one of a kind. I believe you are correct on the 18c, pretty much the same as 18k. most likely from somewhere in or around Switzerland. Next question is who would ruin a perfectly good pair of needle nose pliers? Ha Ha

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2021 at 12:46 AM, mn90403 said:

It weighs 4.6 grams and is only missing 1 of the stone inclusions. 

18K gold is considered to be the jack of all trades when it comes to jewellery. It is pure enough (75% purity) to not change any colour or oxidise over time while maintaining reasonable rigidity under mechanical stress. Next is Carat, while it is pronounced the same as Karat, the letter ‘C’ makes all the difference. It is a totally different story, Carat is a weight unit, just like kilogram, pound, stone etc. 1 Carat or 1ct is equal to 0.2gr .

So you should have 3.6 grams of gold and the rest is diamonds.

The ring is a custom made item from the EU from what I can find out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...