G’day All

Sheppo

G’day from Central Queensland, Australia. I’m Rob Shepherd (mates call me Shep or Sheppo, hence the user name). I’m relatively new to the prospecting game, only picking up a detector (GPX5000) seriously for the first time in August of 2020 and since upgrading to a GPZ7000. I feel relatively privileged to be living so close to some of the richest goldfields in Queensland and absolutely love living here. 

Happy to be a part of the community and look forward to seeing the posts here and the knowledge being passed around 👍🏻

• Like 6

Welcome Shep!!!! Glad your here and hope to see some of the gold finds. Your in good company with many  great gold detectors here on this site.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sheppo said:

I’m relatively new to the prospecting game, only picking up a detector (GPX5000) seriously for the first time in August of 2020 and since upgrading to a GPZ7000. I feel relatively privileged to be living so close to some of the richest goldfields in Queensland and absolutely love living here.

Welcome Shep!  Sounds like you've got good tools, good grounds, and a good attitude.  Knowledge&technique may be the missing pieces but you've come to a good place for help with those.

• Like 1

Welcome! You will find there are many kind people here.  I don't do prospecting but metal detect for coins when I can. Too cold and wet right now for me!

Be safe out there and hope you find a bucket full of gold.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Welcome Shep!  Sounds like you've got good tools, good grounds, and a good attitude.  Knowledge&technique may be the missing pieces but you've come to a good place for help with those.

I’m pretty lucky in that I visit JP’s shop regularly and he’s been able to answer any question I’ve had

Welcome Shep,

Glad your here! I love to hear about aussie gold! New or not, you are in a fantastic place to hunt! Good luck here, and in the field!👍👍