I Touched The GPX 6000

Condor

Heeeyyy alright! Someone made it. 🙂

Thanks for the report. Sounds like a sweet machine to swing. That balancing while digging thing is another one of those small bonuses that makes a big difference, my Z takes tumbles a lot. Same with the rubber coating. Small things like these really polish a product off.

Hitting a 0.1 grammer at 4 inches, with a DD, in a parking lot with EMI (how many thousands of generators are running around Quartzsite now?), that's pretty good even if it isn't in situ field conditions.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Great report!  How did the audio compare to the GPX 5000?

We only used the external speaker, the audio was very good, I quit on GPX's at the 4000 never used the 5000.  The 4000 was always a little anemic, I generally used an amplifier to boost it up.   

• Like 3

What Steve Said goes for me also the machine was a dream for it's ergonomics and construction over all but without the large mono coil i would have to have a wait and see attitude as of right now, also the connectors are all 12 pin with large and small pins within so it looks like no using other coils right now . the rep said she would be in phoenix then utah then vegas then back to quartzsite for the gold show in february.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, jasong said:

Heeeyyy alright! Someone made it. 🙂

Thanks for the report. Sounds like a sweet machine to swing. That balancing while digging thing is another one of those small bonuses that makes a big difference, my Z takes tumbles a lot. Same with the rubber coating. Small things like these really polish a product off.

Hitting a 0.1 grammer at 4 inches, with a DD, in a parking lot with EMI (how many thousands of generators are running around Quartzsite now?), that's pretty good even if it isn't in situ field conditions.

Re: the DD coil.  Apparently this DD design cannot be compared to our old understanding of GPX DD coils.  No discrimination at all and separate settings for either EMI or Salt/mineralized ground.  She emphasized there is no comparison to DD coils of old.

• Like 4

Interesting. With Beatup's 12 pin connector observation could it be a DOD? I guess not if it's nice and lightweight?

The smaller pins probably mean a wire for a chip in the coil, but that's just a guess. 

Very interested to learn more about the coil now. 🙂