I Touched The GPX 6000

Condor

22 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

That's funny, because I asked her how the GPX 6000 was coming along in November and she said, "What GPX 6000?  Never heard of that..."  It wasn't coy.  It was almost a straight up denial.  I gladly took my red Minelab hat and gaiter and moved on. :rolleyes:

Maybe you asked too direct of a question!  Do not tell until released is in effect.  JP just confirmed that also.  It is a well kept secret and marketing strategy to even get this far.

5 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Maybe you asked too direct of a question!  Do not tell until released is in effect.  JP just confirmed that also.  It is a well kept secret and marketing strategy to even get this far.

Mitchel - You're probably right, of course.  I think it is a testament to Debbie's business integrity.  ML should be proud she passed the test.

My post, though a true retelling, was more tongue in cheek, for humorous effect.  I figure she really couldn't talk about it, so didn't press.  I wasn't offended.  I smiled knowingly and went on with my relic hunt.

As you noted, JP is bursting at the seems to tell all but is still gagged.  Lol.

More a commentary on ML's information rollout, which is very curious.

• Like 1

Debbie is an extremely nice and highly professional person. She never tells anybody anything and does not confirm or deny any rumors unless the info is officially released. Neither should she.

• Like 4

Minelab and Debbie have been down this road before.  R&D does their thing and marketing does another.  Things are ready when they are ready and pre-release info doesn't really help either department in the long run.  Naturally they want to have a ready and willing buyer base by the time of release but marketing needs a distribution force in place otherwise they will just start selling direct via the internet and we'll see how well that works in the nugget world.

• Like 2

It seems to me a joke that distributors in Middle East have the product, show it on the net. But give no real technical information on the performance. Is that a competition problem with the area between distibutors?

Dont ML have confidence in there Australian Distributors in keeping secrets prior to rollout? Well they blew it over there. 

What is stopping ML from releasing the info we need. Must be doing some damage around the world on existing second hand and new detector sales. cheers sturt

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, sturt said:

It seems to me a joke that distributors in Middle East have the product, show it on the net. But give no real technical information on the performance. Is that a competition problem with the area between distibutors?

Dont ML have confidence in there Australian Distributors in keeping secrets prior to rollout? Well they blew it over there. 

What is stopping ML from releasing the info we need. Must be doing some damage around the world on existing second hand and new detector sales. cheers sturt

There's obviously some 'grey area' in Africa/ME....they are allowed to get away with a lot more info disclosure whilst everyone else must keep 'Mum'. Almost all of the distributors for Africa are based in the Middle East, which is why all of them have zero field-use videos. 90% of them have zero field experience actually using ANY goldfields metal detectors anyway....but they have extensive contacts and a huge in-field network. This is why they sell sh*tloads of detectors for Minelab (more than Aus and USA combined) and seem to be impervious to gag orders. 

Australian dealers are notorious for leaking info on new ML releases. Sales drop considerably immediately prior to new tech release. During the last ML dealer conference in Corsica (2019), ML themselves let slip to the dealers that new Gold detector tech was being extensively field tested and expressed amazement at just how good it was....obviously surprising even ML themselves. If this was openly and 'officially' mentioned in forums, websites etc, GPZ, GPX and SDC sales would evaporate amongst the knowledgeable operators, leaving only the third-world and beginner markets to soak up whatever potential sales were left.

Minelab have become very good at dropping product 'suddenly' with often only a weeks notice, even when mild disclosure (like we're seeing now) is evident for a couple months. Obfuscation (like a stage magician) now becomes a sales tactic and no matter what reps say, ML will be ML.....the 6000 could be released tomorrow....or next month....or mid year.... wait n see and save our pennies lol

• Like 5

On 1/24/2021 at 4:17 PM, beatup said:

they were not allowing any photos i tried

On 1/24/2021 at 4:19 PM, Condor said:

Not allowed, she made that clear up front.

What did you expect?  The Middle East retailer has the exclusive rights to that.  😉

Thanks to both of you for "taking one for the team."  Of course you did get nice hats for your efforts.  Will they fade in the Arizona sun (he asks while looking out the window at dreary 'mixed winter weather' conditions...)?

Bet you'd rather be out detecting than attending a trade show.  You've earned some karma points with your collecting and sharing of info.  Hopefully you can cash in that karma for some nuggets.

• Haha 4

Yeah, pictures would be bad thing. Because we have none at all on the internet you know. Big deep dark secret. But I get it. Until she is told specifically that she can allow pictures - she can't. Besides, it adds to the scavenger hunt effect.

Lest we forget, not everyone is on the net. We are no doubt just a little bubble in the big picture for Minelab. People here get ahead of the game through prolific deep diving finding patent sites and trademarks. We read Codan reports. Most of the world is waiting for official ads and brochures, stocked dealer shelves.

It really is all a game so people should relax and have fun. Seriously. We don't get a new machine that often. Enjoy! :smile:

• Like 6