Lurker No More

CVISChris

Hi all, I have been enjoying the forum for about a year and read it almost daily.  I have been detecting since the mid 1980’s  I started with a very used Garrett BFO and didn’t find much with it but, many years later I bough a Whites GMT and did pretty well.  Now, I’m really enjoying the Equinox 800. I think the Equinox is almost a perfect machine for me and I couldn’t be happier with it.  Anyways I hope to add to the forums in the future.   

• Like 8

• The title was changed to Lurker No More

Welcome to the forum Chris, from your name it sounds like you were in the Navy.

Please share some of your finds and experience if you can as we all would like to see and hear about the finds.

Good luck and happy hunting.

• Like 2

Welcome, Chris!  Lots of happy Equinox users here, but also plenty of other detectorists doing well with other models and brands.  Steve runs an 'equal opportunity' forum.  😁  I bought a used Garrett BFO with two coils as a backup for a Garrett Groundhog way back in 1979, and I've never used it other than in testing.  (I do still have it.)  Detector technology sure has come a long way since then!

• Like 2

My Pops bought me the BFO used when I was in the 8th grade.   I really only found iron with it but it really cemented the detecting bug in me.   My wife gets tired of my detecting talk and research but she has been a good sport.  I’m happy to be here and though not a technical guy I will be happy to share my finds.  Thank you to all.   Oh and the 8th grade was 1981- 82 I think.  I’m old no but not out.   

• Like 4

Welcome Chris,

Glad your now here to share and contribute to the wealth of knowledge that is Steve's forum!

Bring on the finds!👍👍

• Like 1