The Amazing XP Telescoping S Rod

And it really is amazing, a genuine innovation by XP that others have copied, but none better than the original. Many owners probably own an XP as much for this collapsing rod system as anything else. Just slide it down and pop in your pack. Here is a new video from Gary going into more detail....

• Like 6

Mine is 12 years old absolutly battered to death but still work.Best part is you can change all parts on it.

RR

• Like 3

XP does make THE best shaft design on the planet. Then again I love the S shaft design, whether or not on a Tesoro, Nokta or the XP. It just seems like it's more comfortable than a straight shaft to me. I wish I could mod my MK to a collapsible shaft like the XP, But I'm 6'4 and most detectors even with an extension barely fit me. Gary has some great video's on YT and explains really well to the novice and seasoned detector how things work. I also like the fact that he has his pup running around with him.

• Like 1

The weight, no cords, and collapsing stem are all reasons why I had to buy another ORX. It is good on those days you don't want to swing something heavier.

• Like 1

Nothing has failed or even worn on my original stem assembly, despite being taken to hell and back over the last five years.  Just a brilliant well thought out design that is more robust than one would think.   I remember when the Deus first came out that many thought it looked like a toy, and made the assumption that it wouldn't stand up to a beating - they assumed wrong. 

Also very convenient to receive an extra lower shaft and related accessories with new coil purchases, rather than have to purchase them separately.

• Like 1