Garrett Metal Detectors For Prospecting?

Makes sense on pulse delay. That is the same issue with the SH but I don't mind as it isn't a prospecting machine.

Wonder why they never made a prospecting coil for it?

Be nice if Garrett does a surface mount board of the TDI and kick up the power on it like the old pro had. Hopefully they do something with their acquisition.

• Like 1

They did. 3x7 DD and 5x10 DD. But other than being smaller they offered no real advantage. I mean yeah, maybe a hair hotter, but the stock coil was a good all rounder. I had the small coils but never used them much at all. The 8" mono was the better "small coil" in my opinion.

The 5 x 10 DD on the beach. That was a quickie headphone adapter I made so I could use my own phones since they had no adapter at the time. Looks funny but it worked.

My detailed report on the Infinium

steve-herschbach-kauai-garrett-infinium.jpg

• Like 4

I knew the AT Gold vlf of was a decent gold detector but so were plenty others of this price point. However one day,  not to long ago I saw one that really turned my head. A prospector buddy who is really into under water sniping  (in the northern Motherlode) had one fitted out with a NEL snake coil.  Says its tough,  waterproof, easily packable and has found him plenty of totally hidden gold filled cracks.  Says for this purpose it works  excellent.

• Like 8

Do you think Garrett should come out with a AT multi  freq. gold machine with single freq. options in a  dedicated gold  machine and beat minelab in producing the  first one since much is spent on gold machines in other countries where  people do it for a living(Africa and etc.}.The Nox is not a  dedicated  machine but a all purpose machine even though it does a great job on small gold.  A  Garrett machine still holds the world record for biggest nugget so Minelab still has something to beat.

If you are familiar with the Apex then you know Garrett has a long way to go to get there. If what I thought mattered we would have had a Garrett ATX in a light package many years ago. I have done everything I can to get Garrett to make a detector that they would do well with, to no avail. They march to their own drummer just like everyone else.

• Like 2

It certainly could, and one would assume that is why they made the purchase. I’m rooting for them as it’s getting to where I do not think anyone but Garrett has a shot at really competing with Minelab. They have the potential, but do they have the burning desire in their belly? Because that is what it will take.

• Like 3

Hi  Steve.You were a good business man and a top notch gold prospector with a detector.If you were in total charge of Garrett in the  metal detecting for raw gold department what would you do now since they   now have  Whites too.You are looking at the whole world  market which seems to be  big.  I think you would  first would want to get the 24k/Gmx going again.

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

They have the 24K now, and that is a top notch VLF. It would be a good place to start.

And I’d make the LTX (lightweight ATX) to compete in the world gold market. Stuff the ATX in the MX7 box. Get rid of that expensive housing, get the price down to like $1999 MSRP and map $1699. All it needs is a circuit board redesign to fit the housing. No huge development costs, it’s all off the shelf. Just build the silly thing! With standard coils, not the ATX coil/rod combos where you buy a $200 rod with every coil. Been pounding that drum from the day after the ATX was announced.

atx-prototype.jpg
whites-goldmaster-24k-metal-detector-photo-large.jpg

• Like 6