Post The Smallest Silver Coin You Have Found

My smallest silver was found almost a year ago hunting the strips between the sidewalk and street in downtown Reno. This is an area that has been good to me. The dime is minted in San Francisco, and date is 1911. It measures 17mm. 😃ht👍 

IMG_4606.JPG

• Like 6

1 minute ago, abenson said:

Does this count? It's actually a small bit of a seated quarter. I figured it's from an 1853 with arrows and rays. Found it with the Equinox at a military camp in Utah.

Cut1.thumb.jpg.23bbf77e9b2139d8dfe52b86ca53afa6.jpgCut2.thumb.jpg.2f1d6628c2c32ae9c87ace8e23d51e0e.jpg

Wow, I forgot about cut coins. Never see a more modern one cut, usually Spanish silver ones. Kind of a rarer and cool find. Must have been a poker debt. 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A couple of canadian silver 5 cent coins found with the etrac back in my coin shooting days.  

5cents.JPG

• Like 5

Edit - oops, not silver, but it is tiny. I have a tiny silver I will post tomorrow. If we are including cuts I have slivers but I'm not going there! :smile:

I apparently found the smallest intact coin found by the entire Colchester club in all these years of hunts. Victoria 'Model Eight farthing' 1848 0.29 g, 8.4 mm show about a fifth of the way down on the page here.

More info https://aboutfarthings.co.uk/Model Farthings.html

1848-farthing-steve-herschbach.jpg

• Like 9

It's not silver but it's small.

It's my Celtic gold quarter stater from my last trip to England. It measures 10mm.

This is a picture of it sitting on my pinky fingernail. 

20190918_221027.jpg

• Like 7
  • Oh my! 1

I also found a 3 cent piece and a couple of dimes.

That was my smallest items I have found so far.IMG_20210108_142901.thumb.jpg.bd3f6117a45fab57807cb52b874031ef.jpg

• Like 4