Post The Smallest Silver Coin You Have Found

Model coin included for scale (top right copper coin 10mm diameter). These tiny little silver coins are difficult comprehend when clean, let alone when still mixed with mud. The smallest (the rosette one) is a half penny of James 1st about 1620, others are a bit earlier.

DSCF5842.JPG

DSCF5843.JPG

DSCF5841.JPG

• Like 7

Great topic!!!!! 

I had to have a little fun here so, sorry for including a copper item which is actually from an earring so it isn't really a coin. Out here in Colorado there aren't too many old coins so finding an 1857 half dime was pretty exiting. Finding the miniature Lincoln penny was pretty fun too.

All were found with the Equinox in moderate to high mineralization and all were deeper than 6".

thumbnail-10.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Great topic!!!!! 

I had to have a little fun here so, sorry for including a copper item which is actually from an earring so it isn't really a coin. Out here in Colorado there aren't too many old coins so finding an 1857 half dime was pretty exiting. Finding the miniature Lincoln penny was pretty fun too.

All were found with the Equinox in moderate to high mineralization and all were deeper than 6".

thumbnail-10.jpeg

Nice half dime!  Your mini lincoln reminds me of a mini indian head penny I found that was a VERY good reproduction of the full sized IH penny.  It's buried in the treasure box, I'll try and dig it out and take a pic...????

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

It wasn't silver, though.

That gold $1 avatar you have would definitely take the prize if this topic was open to gold coins also.

😉

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Great topic!!!!! 

thumbnail-10.jpeg

I found one of  those baby Lincoln's     too.My friend found a gigantic  3 legged buffalo nickel in the water.

• Like 2

Had my buddy looking through his collection for 5 legged buffalos until he caught on to what I was saying and called me up to call me an @#$%#$%^ hehe.

So the trime the smallest silver?

• Haha 1