Equinox Price Increase ????????

8 minutes ago, okara gold said:

Problem solved... don’t buy their products. 

Nah...just the 800 or any other MDING products where there is no reasonable explanation from the manufacturer as to why an increase with nothing additional in return. When typically after any product , after 3 years , especially in electronics.....goes DOWN in price.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Nah...just the 800 or any other MDING products where there is no reasonable explanation from the manufacturer as to why an increase with nothing additional in return. When typically after any product , after 3 years , especially in electronics.....goes DOWN in price.

I've offered detailed explanations in this thread of why you are going to see all sorts of price increases on all sorts of products. Increasing costs. If you are waiting for Minelab for explanations.........................

People who never lived in the 1970's are in for a rude awakening in the next couple years. The idea prices can't go up? There is no reality that backs that up, just a trend in recent years that is reversing now. if you think this is just Minelab, you need to dig deeper.

I used to face real price increases every new price list I got, on almost everything, and they came more often as inflation heated up. It's a game. Buy just before price increase, sell at new higher price. Seems like you are getting ahead, but you are not. You barely keep up. Not fun, and I hate to see it come back.

International shipping alone is skyrocketing, and these costs are going to get passed on. Companies never pay for anything. You do.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I've offered detailed explanations in this thread of why you are going to see all sorts of price increases on all sorts of products. Increasing costs. If you are waiting for Minelab for explanations.........................

People who never lived in the 1970's are in for a rude awakening in the next couple years. The idea prices can't go up? There is no reality that backs that up, just a trend in recent years that is reversing now. if you think this is just Minelab, you need to dig deeper.

I used to face real price increases every new price list I got, on almost everything, and they came more often as inflation heated up. It's a game. Buy just before price increase, sell at new higher price. Seems like you are getting ahead, but you are not. You barely keep up. Not fun, and I hate to see it come back.

International shipping alone is skyrocketing, and these costs are going to get passed on. Companies never pay for anything. You do.

I agree on about everything you said. I just want to see it put out by Minelab. Be transparent. Why is it on the 800 , not the 600 ? I was around in the 70s....and the 60s. But the covid excuse only plays out so far. As you have said yourself , some of your business ventures have profited during this time. I believe electronic supply issues will be short term. Not withstanding , there are good detectors out over the last few years with prices dropping (simplex) overall. Higher end appears to be a different story I'm afraid as you've mentioned. But I was mainly referring to a prior post about "hunt more to recover your costs". So....if the price drops and I hunt and find more...should I send them some extra $ ? 🤣 I was offended and put this into a real life scenario that actually happened. But yes , overall everything will go up. And massive tax increases are just the start...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, King-Of-Bling said:

I agree on about everything you said. I just want to see it put out by Minelab. Be transparent. Why is it on the 800 , not the 600 ? I was around in the 70s....and the 60s. But the covid excuse only plays out so far. As you have said yourself , some of your business ventures have profited during this time. I believe electronic supply issues will be short term. Not withstanding , there are good detectors out over the last few years with prices dropping (simplex) overall. Higher end appears to be a different story I'm afraid as you've mentioned. But I was mainly referring to a prior post about "hunt more to recover your costs". So....if the price drops and I hunt and find more...should I send them some extra $ ? 🤣 I was offended and put this into a real life scenario that actually happened. But yes , overall everything will go up. And massive tax increases are just the start...

In my country(in Europe) our dealer has increased the price of all detectors he sell and both 800 and 600 went up in price dramatically,so it is not just 800.

I was surprised (almost pleased,... I say 'almost') that it was only a $50 increase here in the USA.  I just checked eBay and a new ML CTX3030 is $2500.  So you get $2500/$950 = 2.6 Equinoxes for that price.  (BTW, you may want to make sure the 0.6 covers the 11" coil, especially if you're a water detectorist, since they seem to need spares.  😏)

IMO the Equinox 800 was a real bargain.  It still is; that doesn't mean I'm not glad I 'saved' the $50.

• Like 4

When everything at the grocery store has gone up in price it stands to reason that our toys will too. Our government has printed so much money this year with the stimulus bills that we haven’t even seen the real start of the inflation that is coming. A $50 increase for a MD that was massively undervalued when it was released is just the tip of the iceberg. If you stop and take it all in it’s just depressing, so my advice is to turn off the TV and go hunt for treasure!!!   Treasure always makes us smile😊😊😊

• Like 5