Equinox Price Increase ????????

It has been about three years and the first run warranties are expiring. Accounting probably has tracked all warranty for three years and factored it with other costs, like rising prices due to covid, etc. A little accounting magic would indicate the price needed to maintain the desired margin for maybe the next three years. Minelab is a business, and it is all about the money. If I were a shareholder, I'd be livid if the company was not charging as high a price as they could without seriously depressing sales. It is a balancing act, but also pretty much a science these days. Minelab may have issues, but running a profitable business is not one of them. The people at the top are very serious business professionals that I have to admire, dispite my grumbling at times. I was fortunate enough to meet Minelab Executive General Manager Peter Charlesworth once. Brilliant man.

• Like 5

I was told when I bought mine last month that I should probably buy it now because the price was about to go up....after I got off the phone I thought "oh man, did I really fall for that old sales trick" haha. But I guess its true.

I remember when the Xcal went up $300..... because of the exchange rate.  Oddly it never went back down when it changed lol.  Machines will be going out of warranty soon then we will see those cost ... which will affect what one might get for a used one.

• Like 1

Well the price increase on the Equinox 800 is here at 949.00 and military discount is 806.65 . I didn’t check the Nox 600 on how the price increase effected it ,

As seen on Rob’s forum.

Oh well that’s life !

Chuck 

Minelab has always been a leader in technology, diverse machines and pricing. Especially the gold machines. When the price goes up... go out and hunt more. That should make up for the difference.

• Like 1

Some extra from a post I just made elsewhere. Some of you are old enough to remember 1970s inflation. This pandemic has caused company costs to skyrocket, and most have simply sucked it up. That can’t last, and we (my old company and I - I am on the board of directors) are seeing leading edge indicators of a return to inflation. We watch things like that very carefully due to being in Alaska. The system is being flooded with liquidity at the very same time that supply chains have broken down. This means product in short supply. My shop up north cannot get enough boats, atvs, snowmobiles, you name it. Stores are no longer discounting as a result. Some may even be price gouging on key product. As the pandemic lid comes off, demand goes up even more, but supply chains can’t keep up. Globalization is breaking down, disrupting the smooth flow of labor and goods. Shipping costs are skyrocketing. Get ready for price increases on everything. $50 on a detector is nothing compared to what you will likely see in the near future, especially on big ticket items. House prices are hitting highs during the pandemic due to low interest rates, and people not impacted by the pandemic having plenty of money. Not everyone is suffering, and many businesses like mine have actually boomed. Anything outdoors related has really benefitted. If prices go up enough, people demand higher wages, and the inflationary cycle ignites. And finally, the only way governments get out of this fiscal hole is to inflate their way out. There have been many false calls, but I think we are nearing another round of inflation like we have not seen for decades.

Not a bad time to have some gold or gold stocks in your portfolio. :smile:

• Like 8

On 2/3/2021 at 7:38 AM, okara gold said:

Minelab has always been a leader in technology, diverse machines and pricing. Especially the gold machines. When the price goes up... go out and hunt more. That should make up for the difference.

So we should go out and hunt that much more to make up for THEIR price increase they have decided to pass down , with no improvements ? For idk what , or care about the reason behind it ? NO WAY. 

Reminds me of this stupid companies thought process : 30 years ago I worked at a place that was privately owned , had 25 branch offices in So.Cal. I was in sales , my pay was commission based , had my own territory. From day 1 , I was top salesman for 3 straight years. I went to management and asked for a 2% raise. They had never heard or done such a thing in 50 years of business. They laughed and said "go out and sell more". That was their idea of a raise. NO WAY !....so I gave my notice. Then had to take them to court for my final check that they shorted me on ( it was substantial ). Fast forward 4 years and no one could produce the numbers as I had. They reached out to try and bring me back. What a joke for these good ol' boys.

Sorry for the long wind here. But that's the same as "just go hunt more to make up the price difference ".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, King-Of-Bling said:
On 2/3/2021 at 10:38 AM, okara gold said:

So we should go out and hunt that much more to make up for THEIR price increase they have decided to pass down , with no improvements ? For idk what , or care about the reason behind it ? NO WAY. 

Problem solved... don’t buy their products.