Impulse AQ Gold...

4 hours ago, cuniagau said:

pulled out 17 quarters, 17 dimes, 7 nickels, 12 cents, one .925 earring, one junk earring, three tent pegs, a bobby pin and just a few other pieces of trash.

That and the gold from a  little cut are excellent! And not too much trash either. The coating (cadmium?) on the tent stakes doesn't help. In the water I have not been able to walk away from the tent stakes with the AQ, but on the wet sand, where I can walk around them and sweep from different directions, I can. Low tide keeps me off them (mostly) in the water.

Congrats on a good outing!

• Like 1

Great find! Nice chunk of gold. 10K is that pivot point for gold leaching out it's copper for me.  That find helps pay for the AQ a little bit.

• Like 1

Nice chunk of gold there congrats! I get pretty good results cleaning the crust off of 10k by soaking it in a shot glass full of CLR for several hours, dissolves the crust right off with no effort.

• Like 2

Congrats on the hefty gold! Looks like a fun hunt with a great treasure to trash ratio.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Compass said:

Congrats on the hefty gold! Looks like a fun hunt with a great treasure to trash ratio.

Yes, I like it when the ocean does the classifying for me and washing the light trash and leaves me with the heavies!!!

11 hours ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Very nice finds. I have been soaking my "green gold" in lemon juice overnight. Has been working wonders for me.

I have used lemon juice and vinegar both on "cents" in the past with good results but this "gold" detecting is new to me so I need to learn the techniques to clean up these more PMs.  Thanks for the tip!