Learning The Equinox And Today's Finds

1 minute ago, GB_Amateur said:

What is your coil path when this happens?Β  Is this when you are in search modeΒ 

It happened in search mode, but this and the penny did it in investigation as well. There were faint ascending signals at first (no VDI), and the signal went up instead of down passing back and forth over the target. It was the initial rising tone that got my attention, albeit faint!

Hope I'm being clear.

• Like 2

Β  Β Fantastic finds, and probably the tip of the iceberg! You are very lucky to be in such a historic area! I'm jealous! Bound to be some great coins and such there too! Good luck!!πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Like 1

So far I've found some cut Spanish Pistorines, cuts from 3 different coins. Two Buffalo Nickels, an 1809 half penny, another Indian head (1879), and some modern change. I found two unidentifiableΒ  coins, one that appears to be a King George, and the other is modern penny size but so smooth at first I thought it was a button. I've found a lot of early to mid 1700s buckles and horse tack.

32 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

So far I've found some cut Spanish Pistorines....

Could you elaborate on what those are?  I tried Googling and Wikipeding but the little I found didn't quite mesh with 'Spanish Pistorines'.  Regardless, I'd like to find one.  😁  The more you tell us about this site the more it makes my detecting mouth water.

46 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Could you elaborate on what those are?   😁

Sorry, I misspelled "Pistareen". The parts I found are from 2 or 3 separate Spanish 2 Reale coins, both ca. 1720. Common currency in the Colonies, they cut them for change.

20210128_111822.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

Awesome finds, you are indeed on a good site. May the Nox be with you!Β πŸ˜πŸ‘Β  ht

11 minutes ago, Hardtimehermit said:

May the Nox be with you!Β πŸ˜πŸ‘

... And also with you! πŸ€—

Being kinda an accessories junkie, I "Tarted" it up a bit this morning with some Detect-Ed stuff since it is 31 degrees F with 40mph wind out there today. Getting it ready to get dunked, first chance I get I want to start searching the low tide on the river about 300 yards to the northeast. For some reason the LS Redbelly carbon fiber appealed to me, and since the water here is brackish (some salt) I don't want the original shaft to corrode. Of course all covers will come off before water use, but the box cover and grip were hard to resist, they remind me of the good ol' days in the Army. πŸ˜€ Gonna take it to the beach on camping trips this year as well. Last item will be the 6" coil.

20210128_113600.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Could you elaborate on what those are?  I tried Googling and Wikipeding but the little I found didn't quite mesh with 'Spanish Pistorines'.  Regardless, I'd like to find one.  😁  The more you tell us about this site the more it makes my detecting mouth water.

GB,

This link, albeit annoyingly long, will download a .pdf with the best info I have ever found on Pistareens:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://numismatics.org/wikiuploads/CNL/Pistareens.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwitjvnStL_uAhVAFFkFHUyEAIsQFjABegQIAhAF&usg=AOvVaw2qQBZviF9OZCWbrPSkkTgY&cshid=1611863897712

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2