I Think You Will Like The News Coming Out Next Week With Coil Selection For The Equinox

If Minelab raises the overall price on the Equinox but gives us more coil selections, I will have no problem with that. I love the 6" round coil but being able to cover a little more area per sweep would be awesome!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

Whaaa!😱 They are finally listening to their customers?! Will wonders never cease! What's next, fixing the coil tabs, and waterproofing issues!? 🤣👍👍

• Like 3

If this is true, and I assume it is coming from Gerry, then it will relieve a major sticking point with me. In fact, I’d have to apologize to Minelab for a comment I made a couple weeks ago, expressing my serious displeasure at being locked out of a solid 6 x 10 coil for gold prospecting. I’ve mentioned it as a priority since day one, and frankly I was getting irritated and grumpy over it. I love that detector and hate seeing it hobbled, especially as it seemed intentional. I had totally given up and had no inkling this was coming. Too long, but better late than never. I am of course assuming a solid 6 x 10 is going to be in the mix. If not, I feel a big sulk coming on. :smile:

Still in believe it when I see it mode, but good on Minelab if this is true. I do not think they know how stuff like this makes what should be a fan base into a bunch of grumblers. Or maybe they do! :laugh: I guess maybe they heard it loud and clear. I think I’m as excited about this as the 6000 coming out. If there is a solid 6 x 10 in the mix, my Goldmaster 24K will be up for sale. It’s the main reason I have a whole other detector... to get that coil.

No, this is not a prototype. I have no idea what coils are coming. This is a Gold Monster coil on my Equinox from the 2018 article linked above. Been dreaming of this for three years!

minelab-equinox-with-6-x-10-dd-coil.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Joe D. said:

Whaaa!😱 They are finally listening to their customers?! Will wonders never cease! What's next, fixing the coil tabs, and waterproofing issues!? 🤣👍👍

Don’t laugh. No reason something to address the coil ears issue not to be in this. We simply will not know for a week I guess, but I’m good with that. A genuine short term date.

I like that Look Steve .. Still Dreaming, But maybe not much Longer ??

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I do not think they know how stuff like this makes what should be a fan base into a bunch of grumblers. Or maybe they do!

If they don't then they've been hiding under a rock, or at least haven't been reading here much in the last 3 years.  I hope it's a closed coil (as most of you are hoping, too) but even if it's the open Vanquish style that would be a decent addition (and would leave us something to gripe about, not that we won't find other ML targets for that 😁).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1