I Think You Will Like The News Coming Out Next Week With Coil Selection For The Equinox

11 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

If they don't then they've been hiding under a rock, or at least haven't been reading here much in the last 3 years.  I hope it's a closed coil (as most of you are hoping, too) but even if it's the open Vanquish style that would be a decent addition (and would leave us something to gripe about, not that we won't find other ML targets for that 😁).

I can settle for that I guess. But still.....

No, these are not prototypes, just Vanquish coils mounted on my three Equinox.

minelab-equinox-detectors-with-vanquish-search-coils.jpg

• Like 7

Β  Steve,

Β  Β Those three coils look strangely familiar to me! Where have i seen those...... πŸ€”πŸ‘πŸ‘

12 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

these are not prototypes,

I want the one on the left for sure, and a standard 6in.

Β 

15 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Rather than producing an all new coil option or options for the equinox, is it really unreasonable to think maybe they simply took the Vanquish coils and adapted them to be compatible with them? Β That would add a whole new range of coils for the Nox, and better yet with prices similar to the vanquish coils too? Β Makes sense to me anyway.Β ,Β 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

3 different grip handles? nox 600, nox 600, nox 800? oldest nox in the middle?

2 hours ago, trash panda said:

3 different grip handles? nox 600, nox 600, nox 800? oldest nox in the middle?

They are all probably 800's.Β  Steve tested aΒ Nox prototype for ML (one of the 3 shown).Β  He also used a modified control head/handle adapter mount on another to mount it on collapsible telescoping Golden Mask shaft which probably also accounts for one of the 3 shown.

• Like 1

Yes, three 800s. I tested many protos but all were destroyed.Β The middle preproductionΒ 800 may be the oldest EquinoxΒ in continuous operation in the U.S.? And as Chase notes three rod types. Left is for prospecting (compact telescoping rod), middle for coin detecting (stock rod), and right is for water and field hunting (steveg custom counter-weighted rod). The one on left I accidentally ran over and glued/clamped the pod face back on, still going strong. The one on right is the only one I try to keep nice as it is the newest. Having three units I can afford to get rough with the older ones.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, relicmeister said:

and better yet with prices similar to the vanquish coils too? Β Makes sense to me anyway.Β ,Β 

It’s a nice thought but the likelihoodΒ of them selling new coil options for less than existing NOX coils is doubtful. Β 

• Like 1