Nice rings, the red stones could be garnets. Keep the good finds coming. ht 👍

• Like 1

So the ring was marked '925' but was actually copper?  That's low.  I gotta say it's both ugly and uncomfortable looking.  Take that, counterfeiters!  The tungsten ring appears to have a yellow color, but is that just due to reflection?

No question that the 3rd ring is the prize.  I like the design in the metal.  Can you tell what the base material is that the red jewels are embedded in, and if it was intended to be that color?  Excellent find, regardless.

• Like 1

Garnets or rubies?

Looks like one was resized a couple times. Good run.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

So the ring was marked '925' but was actually copper?  That's low.  I gotta say it's both ugly and uncomfortable looking.  Take that, counterfeiters!  The tungsten ring appears to have a yellow color, but is that just due to reflection?

No question that the 3rd ring is the prize.  I like the design in the metal.  Can you tell what the base material is that the red jewels are embedded in, and if it was intended to be that color?  Excellent find, regardless.

I agree with you on the silver ring. The tungsten is actually light yellow so it look nice in the sand pile. I think the gray metal on the gold ring is silver, looks a little pitted under a magnifying glass.

1 hour ago, kac said:

Garnets or rubies?

Looks like one was resized a couple times. Good run.

The only thing I can tell with my untrained eyes is that they are not diamonds 🤷‍♂️ They do glow under UV light, I don’t if that tells you anything.

• Like 1

Almost missed this post. Congrats on the unique and cool looking gold ring Seeker! Looks old too.

Guess checking the clarity and hardness will tell if it is a ruby. From this article the color should be red and clear not clouded. A coin can scratch a fake but only a diamond can scratch a ruby so rubbing it across a piece of porcelain and it doesn't leave a red streak then it's probably a ruby.

https://www.wikihow.com/Tell-if-a-Ruby-is-Real

I be a whimp and just do the clarity check first 🙂

Nice hunting and glad you shared the adventure with us.

Happy hunting on your next trip.

Well done.  

Time = rings!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By GaryC/Oregon Coast
      I hunted an inland reservoir about four months ago, just as they were letting the water level down for the winter.  I ,of course got there maybe way too early in the season to find the stuff out deeper but intended to go back later.  This is a 120 mile round trip flyer so I don't hunt it often and have to rely on the locals (inland detecting club) to post about it's level during the year.  Well a guy did such a post two weeks ago and showed the water level down significantly.  Just what I was waiting for, even if the locals were going to get there first, thought I might hit it anyway.  Had to wait two weeks for the weather to stop raining enough to make the trip.  When I got there I was very disappointed to see the water level had risen up the bank another 25 yards from the last posting.  Putting the deep swimming area out of bounds for me (I wasn't planning on doing any water hunting).  Anyway, I probably got the last silver ring on the beach for the season. Using a Nox with factory presets, coming in at a solid 19 and maybe 3" deep.  A 925 child's ring with a pretty red stone.  Finds have been slim for me this year so any ring find keeps the spirits up.  Get Out There and Find Something Good!!!!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• By cuniagau
      Had about an hour to hunt this morning before a Dr appointment and made the most of it.  LOL  The ring is 14K and weighs 16.3g.  It rang up a very loud and solid 11 on the Equinox.   You gotta love unique rings!!!

• By Jim in ma
      Temp warmed up along with a low tide during the day.

• By Rivers rat
      Went out today for another session,long walk and lots of digging .Not sure how many miles i did but a few nice weather again,with the nox and a spade ,lots of WW2 remains,and .......1 9ct Gold ring with 3 semi precious stones .Bullets registered 14/15/16 Bullet case around 20/ Fishing weight High 20s
      Gold ring 6/8
      100% of the bullets tip were identified......
      Was running at Reac 2 ,pinpointing at 4,signal are longer but thats fine with me

Enjoy

RR

• By The Seeker
      I got out 3 times and was able to snag some decent targets. 
      This hunt was done at the rocky beach I frequent during winter. There were lots of targets, more than I could dig in one hunt. I got about $8 in clad. The first row is all the good jewelry, one small 14k (.73g), and the rest Silver. The second row of rings are all junkers.

This second hunt netted about $12 in clad and a small/light broken 14k pendant.

The last hunt wasn’t all that great but I somehow managed to get a gold tooth that weighs 3.6g. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Hunting.

• By Dancer
      Been running A M.  mostly here on the Gulf.   So much I don't even think about it.   Anyway today I met up with a good buddy on his second year with his Nox 600.   Following a good ways behind I hit a few low negative items. No matter How hard I squinted I couldn't make them gold /silver.       So I caught up to my pal, laid em on the sand. Hey check these with your Nox, see what ya think.      He says , Can't hear a thing !    What?  He's says he got nothing.    Ole buddy was starting to get a little sick.   Felt kinda bad.        Thought a minute.  I says , you in All Metal.     No in disc.      He switched it over.  All was good.    Just proves you never quit learning.        Around a buck eleven, out of a surf wash.