Rings In The Scoop

So the ring was marked '925' but was actually copper?  That's low.  I gotta say it's both ugly and uncomfortable looking.  Take that, counterfeiters!  The tungsten ring appears to have a yellow color, but is that just due to reflection?

No question that the 3rd ring is the prize.  I like the design in the metal.  Can you tell what the base material is that the red jewels are embedded in, and if it was intended to be that color?  Excellent find, regardless.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

So the ring was marked '925' but was actually copper?  That's low.  I gotta say it's both ugly and uncomfortable looking.  Take that, counterfeiters!  The tungsten ring appears to have a yellow color, but is that just due to reflection?

No question that the 3rd ring is the prize.  I like the design in the metal.  Can you tell what the base material is that the red jewels are embedded in, and if it was intended to be that color?  Excellent find, regardless.

I agree with you on the silver ring. The tungsten is actually light yellow so it look nice in the sand pile. I think the gray metal on the gold ring is silver, looks a little pitted under a magnifying glass.

1 hour ago, kac said:

Garnets or rubies?

Looks like one was resized a couple times. Good run.

The only thing I can tell with my untrained eyes is that they are not diamonds 🤷‍♂️ They do glow under UV light, I don’t if that tells you anything.

• Like 1

Almost missed this post. Congrats on the unique and cool looking gold ring Seeker! Looks old too.

Guess checking the clarity and hardness will tell if it is a ruby. From this article the color should be red and clear not clouded. A coin can scratch a fake but only a diamond can scratch a ruby so rubbing it across a piece of porcelain and it doesn't leave a red streak then it's probably a ruby.

https://www.wikihow.com/Tell-if-a-Ruby-is-Real

I be a whimp and just do the clarity check first 🙂

Nice hunting and glad you shared the adventure with us.

Happy hunting on your next trip.

Well done.  

Time = rings!