52 minutes ago, Compass said:

The recent high surf and good tides moved massive amounts of sand at some of my local beaches this week. On my first hunt the 40mph winds and blowing sand made it challenging to walk, let alone detect. My detector and scoop even acted like sails, catching the wind and twisting me around at times.

On day 2 the winds had calmed down but the first 3 beaches I hunted didn't yield that many targets. However the 4th beach had a fresh 4'-6' cut running for hundreds of yards and below it I started to find plenty of targets in the wet sand. I saw 3 other people with detectors but on this day there were enough targets to go around so social distancing wasn't a problem.

Over the 2 days of detecting I found 50 quarters and a dozen pieces of silver  but surprisingly- no gold. I dug a lot of trash as well since I was using my TDI Beachhunter but most of the targets were shallow so recovery was fast.

IMG_20210127_093632.thumb.jpg.c45d98c3b1710de8beb910d697d8fc03.jpg

It was fun digging so many targets- I haven't had a hunt like that in a while. Even though I was a little disappointed in not finding the gold that I KNOW was there I was pleasantly surprised to find "T&Co" stamped on 1 of the silver rings when I got home- my 2nd Tiffany of the year.

388932228_IMG_20210126_070700(1).jpg.86116fbbe6a3ea42694973851872d007.jpg

GL&HH!

It's always fun when it's nonstop digging. A few days ago I got a bunch of clad and junk jewelry. 1 very small gold earring. The odd thing was , I didn't find 1 ring ! Probably a 1st for me when finding all this other jewelry. But that might be because you got them all ! We will see what this storm brings....

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, King-Of-Bling said:

It's always fun when it's nonstop digging. A few days ago I got a bunch of clad and junk jewelry. 1 very small gold earring. The odd thing was , I didn't find 1 ring ! Probably a 1st for me when finding all this other jewelry. But that might be because you got them all ! We will see what this storm brings....

Thanks Mr. KOB, I hope you are right about this next storm but I wish that there was more on-shore wind from it. 

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

That sure sounds like a real blast right now. Still shoveling my sidewalks here. Great finds!

Thanks Steve, Well the 2nd hunt was way more fun than shoveling snow but the 1st hunt in the cold driving wind was pretty brutal. I tried to keep the wind at my back but then wound up walking a mile back to my car with the wind and blowing sand in my face...fun!!!

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, The Seeker said:

You would think digging so many heavy targets a gold ring would pop out. That’s quite the haul, congrats. Good luck on the next one.

Thanks Seeker, I had such a great year of finds last year that I think that maybe the odds are catching up to me. Hopefully this next storm will get me back on the gold train. Keep up the good work!

Great job Compass,

50 quarters alone is a great hunt! Let alone the other stuff, and the great Tiffany!

The North wind, and some erosion just go here today! And i got a couple hours in on the Treasure Coast, before the tide change! But now i have a bigger problem! On the way home, my truck's engine was having issues, and i wasn't sure it would make it back! So, no more hunts till i get it figured out! Damn Ford 5.4 Triton engine! Piece of junk!!🤬 👍👍

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 2
16 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Great job Compass,

50 quarters alone is a great hunt! Let alone the other stuff, and the great Tiffany!

The North wind, and some erosion just go here today! And i got a couple hours in on the Treasure Coast, before the tide change! But now i have a bigger problem! On the way home, my truck's engine was having issues, and i wasn't sure it would make it back! So, no more hunts till i get it figured out! Damn Ford 5.4 Triton engine! Piece of junk!!🤬 👍👍

Thanks Joe, Sorry to hear about your truck. For many of us our vehicles and detectors are the most important pieces of treasure hunting equipment we have.

Great job on the hunt, I bet your back is still hurting from digging so much.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By GaryC/Oregon Coast
      I hunted an inland reservoir about four months ago, just as they were letting the water level down for the winter.  I ,of course got there maybe way too early in the season to find the stuff out deeper but intended to go back later.  This is a 120 mile round trip flyer so I don't hunt it often and have to rely on the locals (inland detecting club) to post about it's level during the year.  Well a guy did such a post two weeks ago and showed the water level down significantly.  Just what I was waiting for, even if the locals were going to get there first, thought I might hit it anyway.  Had to wait two weeks for the weather to stop raining enough to make the trip.  When I got there I was very disappointed to see the water level had risen up the bank another 25 yards from the last posting.  Putting the deep swimming area out of bounds for me (I wasn't planning on doing any water hunting).  Anyway, I probably got the last silver ring on the beach for the season. Using a Nox with factory presets, coming in at a solid 19 and maybe 3" deep.  A 925 child's ring with a pretty red stone.  Finds have been slim for me this year so any ring find keeps the spirits up.  Get Out There and Find Something Good!!!!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• By schoolofhardNox
      I went back to my silver beach, as I had a fairly good feeling this part of the beach would not change much. It did not and I had a very good day. Spent 7 hours there with the GPX, dug all signals including iron and finally called it quits when my brain said GO HOME! The number of signals in a short span was unreal. I spent some of my time just detecting from my knees, since I could get 4 or 5 signals in very close proximity to the signal I was digging. Most of the time just inches away. Total coin count I believe was 150. 18 silvers, all copper pennies but 1 zinc, so I put that with the trash picture. It ruined my perfect copper penny day and I refuse to put it next to them. 😄 4 Buffalo Nickels showed up, as well as 1 Indian Head Cent, a Standing Liberty Quarter, and a Barber Dime (a rarity on this beach).  Also, a nice little locket which I am unsure if it's solid gold or gold filled.  It has a 14 stamped on the inside with a maker’s symbol that looks like a variation of Neptune’s 3-pronged spear (Trident). I saw no indication of peeling of the gold, so I am cautiously optimistic I found gold. Of course, with the type of hunting I do, there was lots of junk as well. Got my exercise in for the week and plan on hitting it again soon.  Weather was rather nice and sunny, just shy of cold. No matter how old you are, the kid in us still has to play! 🙂

• By cuniagau
      Had about an hour to hunt this morning before a Dr appointment and made the most of it.  LOL  The ring is 14K and weighs 16.3g.  It rang up a very loud and solid 11 on the Equinox.   You gotta love unique rings!!!

• By schoolofhardNox
      So I'm still trying to milk the same cow 😄 I figured until it stops spitting silver on me, I will continue to ask for it. Long day at the beach 8:30-5:00, but the weather was decent, as I dress well for the cold. I'm getting to be a delicate flower in my advancing years 🤔 I'm using the GPX all day for this hunt and digging select areas and removing all iron so I can hear the deep targets.I hit a patch that started producing exclusively wheat pennies, so I knew that the chance for silver was very possible.  It did produce some silver but the ratio was mostly pennies. Moving over just a bit, the wheats turned into memorials and the clad followed as well. Not a bad day with 8 silvers, but I worked harder than usual for it.The beach is slowly sanding in and the easy stuff is gone. No gold again, but switching the timings on the GPX did start getting me a lot of nickels, including a handful of Buffalo. Jewelry was missing as usual, but the spoons sure weren't lacking 🙄 So here is everything I dug. Lots of junk too. It was great to get out and enjoy the hobby.

• By Jim in ma
      Temp warmed up along with a low tide during the day.

• By Rivers rat
      Went out today for another session,long walk and lots of digging .Not sure how many miles i did but a few nice weather again,with the nox and a spade ,lots of WW2 remains,and .......1 9ct Gold ring with 3 semi precious stones .Bullets registered 14/15/16 Bullet case around 20/ Fishing weight High 20s
      Gold ring 6/8
      100% of the bullets tip were identified......
      Was running at Reac 2 ,pinpointing at 4,signal are longer but thats fine with me

Enjoy

RR