Lots Of Beach Targets With Silver

52 minutes ago, Compass said:

The recent high surf and good tides moved massive amounts of sand at some of my local beaches this week. On my first hunt the 40mph winds and blowing sand made it challenging to walk, let alone detect. My detector and scoop even acted like sails, catching the wind and twisting me around at times.

On day 2 the winds had calmed down but the first 3 beaches I hunted didn't yield that many targets. However the 4th beach had a fresh 4'-6' cut running for hundreds of yards and below it I started to find plenty of targets in the wet sand. I saw 3 other people with detectors but on this day there were enough targets to go around so social distancing wasn't a problem.

Over the 2 days of detecting I found 50 quarters and a dozen pieces of silver  but surprisingly- no gold. I dug a lot of trash as well since I was using my TDI Beachhunter but most of the targets were shallow so recovery was fast.

IMG_20210127_093632.thumb.jpg.c45d98c3b1710de8beb910d697d8fc03.jpg

It was fun digging so many targets- I haven't had a hunt like that in a while. Even though I was a little disappointed in not finding the gold that I KNOW was there I was pleasantly surprised to find "T&Co" stamped on 1 of the silver rings when I got home- my 2nd Tiffany of the year.

388932228_IMG_20210126_070700(1).jpg.86116fbbe6a3ea42694973851872d007.jpg

GL&HH!

It's always fun when it's nonstop digging. A few days ago I got a bunch of clad and junk jewelry. 1 very small gold earring. The odd thing was , I didn't find 1 ring ! Probably a 1st for me when finding all this other jewelry. But that might be because you got them all ! We will see what this storm brings....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, King-Of-Bling said:

It's always fun when it's nonstop digging. A few days ago I got a bunch of clad and junk jewelry. 1 very small gold earring. The odd thing was , I didn't find 1 ring ! Probably a 1st for me when finding all this other jewelry. But that might be because you got them all ! We will see what this storm brings....

Thanks Mr. KOB, I hope you are right about this next storm but I wish that there was more on-shore wind from it. 

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

That sure sounds like a real blast right now. Still shoveling my sidewalks here. Great finds!

Thanks Steve, Well the 2nd hunt was way more fun than shoveling snow but the 1st hunt in the cold driving wind was pretty brutal. I tried to keep the wind at my back but then wound up walking a mile back to my car with the wind and blowing sand in my face...fun!!!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, The Seeker said:

You would think digging so many heavy targets a gold ring would pop out. That’s quite the haul, congrats. Good luck on the next one.

Thanks Seeker, I had such a great year of finds last year that I think that maybe the odds are catching up to me. Hopefully this next storm will get me back on the gold train. Keep up the good work!

Great job Compass,

50 quarters alone is a great hunt! Let alone the other stuff, and the great Tiffany!

The North wind, and some erosion just go here today! And i got a couple hours in on the Treasure Coast, before the tide change! But now i have a bigger problem! On the way home, my truck's engine was having issues, and i wasn't sure it would make it back! So, no more hunts till i get it figured out! Damn Ford 5.4 Triton engine! Piece of junk!!🤬 👍👍

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 2

16 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Great job Compass,

50 quarters alone is a great hunt! Let alone the other stuff, and the great Tiffany!

The North wind, and some erosion just go here today! And i got a couple hours in on the Treasure Coast, before the tide change! But now i have a bigger problem! On the way home, my truck's engine was having issues, and i wasn't sure it would make it back! So, no more hunts till i get it figured out! Damn Ford 5.4 Triton engine! Piece of junk!!🤬 👍👍

Thanks Joe, Sorry to hear about your truck. For many of us our vehicles and detectors are the most important pieces of treasure hunting equipment we have.

Great job on the hunt, I bet your back is still hurting from digging so much.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1