A Battle Was Fought Here On This Wash. And The Tarascci Is A Keeper.

Dancer

Third Tarascci hunt. First two cut short by bad conditions.  On the Florida Gulf ,caught a low tide at a nice wash.below a old deep cut.  Got to say that hunting conditions have. been lousy most of the month.   Hey I got lucky betting on this area, and having enough targets to learn this machine.   Tried a couple modes, but kept coming back to Mix, it's the one for me.    I like the way it sounds on iron.     Between target Id & tones, I was able to keep the beer cap digging down.  Same thing on calling a crusty penny before digging.  Quarter's an nickels were scarce.    Now I got to relay this. Out of 10 dimes dug at least 5 were the deepest I've ever dug. I could say how deep I think, but there's no way to be sure in wet sand.   The Tarascci is a keeper for me.     No gold or silver but guy & machine had a good day.

20210128_112828.jpg

• Like 9

Nice report.  What is the machine you normally use? Just curious.  I really like the tarsacci and I'm finding myself digging deep on targets also.  Can't wait til the 12" coil is released.  I really like the all metal and mixed modes the most.  But disc mode is good enough that I'd use it on days where targets are overwhelming.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, basstrackerman said:

Nice report.  What is the machine you normally use? Just curious.  I really like the tarsacci and I'm finding myself digging deep on targets also.  Can't wait til the 12" coil is released.  I really like the all metal and mixed modes the most.  But disc mode is good enough that I'd use it on days where targets are overwhelming.   

The Tarascci replaced my AT Pro.   The Infinium is my main wading machine right now.   That red is a thin strip of tape I wrapp the cap with. Gotta help with water and sand.   Might not be needed, but can't hurt.  I also taped over the speaker. Same reason.    Good eye on that tracker

I use a nylon sticker over my speaker.  But I’ve dont that for years even with dirt machines.  I use a small parts cleaning brush on those O rings and threads.  I also take the O rings off occasionally and run them under hot water brings um back to normal stickiness.  I’m not a fan of the solid ping and pongs so I use AM -31 to hear iron.  I’ve straddled several holes digging gold rings.  The machine is just unique enough and simple enough that’s it’s hard to put down.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

I use a nylon sticker over my speaker.  But I’ve dont that for years even with dirt machines.  I use a small parts cleaning brush on those O rings and threads.  I also take the O rings off occasionally and run them under hot water brings um back to normal stickiness.  I’m not a fan of the solid ping and pongs so I use AM -31 to hear iron.  I’ve straddled several holes digging gold rings.  The machine is just unique enough and simple enough that’s it’s hard to put down.

Dew, I'm going to give that AM a try today.    Yesterday I dug a quarter at the wave break In Mix.  If I'd been waist deep, I'm not sure I would have got it.

You get in the oatmeal and you could leave a target for sure lol.   I dont leave many..... but i have been straddle a few holes where i went from chest to chin deep out there....... with that target still in the middle of the hole.  I almost left a heavy gold ring like that the first time it happened.... but th tone was just to good.  Good luck with the machine.  Are you up by St Pete?  If so Cliff and Todd are both up your way and have had the MDT for some time.

• Like 2

On 1/28/2021 at 1:10 PM, Dancer said:

Third Tarascci hunt. First two cut short by bad conditions.  On the Florida Gulf ,caught a low tide at a nice wash.below a old deep cut.  Got to say that hunting conditions have. been lousy most of the month.   Hey I got lucky betting on this area, and having enough targets to learn this machine.   Tried a couple modes, but kept coming back to Mix, it's the one for me.    I like the way it sounds on iron.     Between target Id & tones, I was able to keep the beer cap digging down.  Same thing on calling a crusty penny before digging.  Quarter's an nickels were scarce.    Now I got to relay this. Out of 10 dimes dug at least 5 were the deepest I've ever dug. I could say how deep I think, but there's no way to be sure in wet sand.   The Tarascci is a keeper for me.     No gold or silver but guy & machine had a good day.

20210128_112828.jpg

Is that the new 12" coil on it???? 

8 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

You get in the oatmeal and you could leave a target for sure lol.   I dont leave many..... but i have been straddle a few holes where i went from chest to chin deep out there....... with that target still in the middle of the hole.  I almost left a heavy gold ring like that the first time it happened.... but th tone was just to good.  Good luck with the machine.  Are you up by St Pete?  If so Cliff and Todd are both up your way and have had the MDT for some time.

Panama City Beach