A Battle Was Fought Here On This Wash. And The Tarascci Is A Keeper.

Dancer

2 minutes ago, Dancer said:

Standard,  I don't think their available yet.    Aaron is testing one now.

Thanks!  I took my friends Tarascci out yesterday for the first time. I too liked the mixed mode better. I have LOTS of targets here so all metal can be a pain. 

Tomorrow, I will give AM a little more go, but I would like to know what you think too. A member here has help me get a good base!  

Dave

• Like 1

17 hours ago, midalake said:

Thanks!  I took my friends Tarascci out yesterday for the first time. I too liked the mixed mode better. I have LOTS of targets here so all metal can be a pain. 

Tomorrow, I will give AM a little more go, but I would like to know what you think too. A member here has help me get a good base!  

Dave

Used AM today.   It actually was better for me in the water.   Someone tipped that when you get a target, switch mode to Disc.   Worked for me. No leaks either.   Lots of sand so hunting can get hard.

• Like 1

Wonder if the 12" coil will be significantly deeper in the salt?

I found the AT Pro to be pretty noisy in the wet, keep it for freshwater now.

• Like 2

Kac,

I agree that the AT Pro is almost impossible in the salt water! The falsing was horrible! But for fresh water, low mineral dry beach sand, and inland hunts, it's single frequency worked great for years! I can't justify the Tarsacci price, when the Nox will do the job very well!

And Steve,

And the rest of you snow birds! We set a new record high last week of 85F!!  I'm by no means bragging! The 10 months of heat and humidity here su*ks!!🥵  I would love a season change!  👍👍

• Like 1

Joe your welcome to hunt with me, was a brisk 18 here earlier then it shot way up to 25, almost had to unzip my jacket a little!

Cold is nice, shoes stay dry, snotcicles grow long, only found a flat button and some shotgun primers but feels good to get out.

Kac,

Out of likes! 😂🤣 I may take you up on that offer one day, on a warmer day!👍👍 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 2:29 PM, Dancer said:

Used AM today.   It actually was better for me in the water.   Someone tipped that when you get a target, switch mode to Disc.   Worked for me. No leaks either.   Lots of sand so hunting can get hard.

I hunted a couple of days ago and forced myself to use all metal. It is OK but the headphones are very inferior. don't think my ears really like the all metal tone. 

I took my Equinox cable for my Black Widow's and put it into the MDT cable and the !$$#^& headphones won't work. 

WHY can't all this chit interchange?  Surely, the makers know all their factory phones are junk if you are working a beach????? 

Now I have to chase another audio issue...%$&$$**

Dave

1 hour ago, midalake said:

I hunted a couple of days ago and forced myself to use all metal. It is OK but the headphones are very inferior. don't think my ears really like the all metal tone. 

I took my Equinox cable for my Black Widow's and put it into the MDT cable and the !$$#^& headphones won't work. 

WHY can't all this chit interchange?  Surely, the makers know all their factory phones are junk if you are working a beach????? 

Now I have to chase another audio issue...%$&$$**

Dave

I had a pair of Tony Eisenhower waterproof headphones made.   The equinox headphones won't work I believe it's one is mono and the other stereo. 

On 1/30/2021 at 9:20 PM, kac said:

I found the AT Pro to be pretty noisy in the wet, keep it for freshwater now.

On 1/30/2021 at 9:37 PM, Joe D. said:

I agree that the AT Pro is almost impossible in the salt water! The falsing was horrible! But for fresh water, low mineral dry beach sand, and inland hunts, it's single frequency worked great for years!

I recall Garrett's advertising literature (don't know if it's still this way) making a distinction that the AT/Gold worked in fresh-water but not salt-water, indicating if you wanted to hunt in salt-water to get the AT/Pro.  Hmmm.

On 1/30/2021 at 9:37 PM, Joe D. said:

And Steve, and the rest of you snow birds!...

Well, I'm not from Florida so maybe I'm not supposed to question an 'expert', but when my in-laws lived there I'm pretty sure the term 'snow birds' referred to people who lived in the north during the summer and 'flew' down for the winter.  We're more like snow foxes -- we hang around and do the best we can with the conditions.  And to get even more off-topic, if you want to see a good picture of a snow fox (more commonly called 'arctic fox') there is a Lincoln SUV commercial that's been showing lately that starts with a view of one of these animals curled up on top of the snow all fluffed up, with wind whipping around, low daylight conditions, and sound effects to match.   Brrrrr.  Amazing animals!

• Like 2