A Battle Was Fought Here On This Wash. And The Tarascci Is A Keeper.

Dancer

When I first got my AT Pro I initially wanted the AT Gold but they said It's a no go in the salt. Might be because of the higher frequency? Maybe the ground balance is out of range for salt.(more likely). Turns out the AT Pro though it does work on the beach it isn't that effective. Oddly I did better with it with the 17" coil that seemed to smother and smooth signals out but made my day short due to weight.

Curious if my Gold Racer can handle the damp sand at least. If so then it might make a nice towel line hunter for the small stuff. Worst case scenario I guess I would have to trudge back to the car and change machines or get a golf bag and carry a few.

• Like 3

On 2/2/2021 at 11:19 AM, midalake said:

I hunted a couple of days ago and forced myself to use all metal. It is OK but the headphones are very inferior. don't think my ears really like the all metal tone. 

I took my Equinox cable for my Black Widow's and put it into the MDT cable and the !$$#^& headphones won't work. 

WHY can't all this chit interchange?  Surely, the makers know all their factory phones are junk if you are working a beach????? 

Now I have to chase another audio issue...%$&$$**

Dave

I agree, the stock headphones aren't very good. I switched to the Garrett wireless Z-lynk system and headphones. Makes the machine a tad heavier, but having the wireless component means no more getting tangled with the cable, or having the headphones yanked off your head when you want to put the machine down

• Like 1

Initially Tom D said they werent even going to offer headphones.... just the cable.   Not many people ever like the factory headphones.  I had Tony E make a pair for me before i even got the machine..... i knew that cable wasnt going to work for me.   I dont have a problem putting down the machine.... nothing like the Xcal.... ugh.  Old school i guess ive just not liked any of the wireless phones.  Ya i kind of agree .... i like new tech, but some things .... especially those things that IMO after market does better should be standard.   It took months for ML to get a pair of waterproof phones out for the Nox.... and what did we get?   Thus far we have i dont like the phones..... and i want a coil cover.... Thats a pretty small complaint list.

• Like 2

After quite a few hunts I'm finding that with the standard coil the Tarsacci is very good working the surf.  Coil cuts the water nice and the machine handles the salt very well. Haven't done much wading because of the waves, and what holes we have are very sanded.    The headphones, seem to be working well, cause it's noisy hunting the surf and my 72 year old ears are picking up the faint signals.  Faint signals for me. No gold yet but a junk ring, heavy stainless bracelet, two Silver rings & a Silver Belly ring.      Be heading home off the beach end of February.   Putting it into the dirt.

• Like 2